Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:188 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Risk & Information Management (3-4 yrs)
Job Description :
You Lead the Way. We- ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we- re supporting our customers- financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we- re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Function Description: Devise and Implement credit risk strategies to drive profitable growth.
Purpose of the role:
The incumbent will be responsible for managing Customer Management function for Japan ICS portfolio and reporting directly to the Director stationed in the Japan market for day-to-day work. The incumbent will become part of the ICS CFR market team with members seated both within the Japan market and in India. The incumbent will work closely with colleagues to develop expertise on the local CBs and other local 3rd party data sources in addition to globally sourced 3rd party data and work closely with modeling colleagues in Decision Science teams and CoE teams to drive innovation in data and analytics and risk management.
- The incumbent will be responsible for customer management credit risk for the Japan ICS market.
- The incumbent will lead a team of 1 analyst (for B35)
Key responsibilities include:
1. Drive profitable customer management strategies driven by economics of life time value
2. Elevate customer experience by providing needed spend capacity to customers whilst managing risk
3. Continuous monitoring of risk trends across the portfolio and more specifically for marginal population
4. Perform root cause analyses of concerning trends and identify performance drivers
5. Ensure adherence to compliance
6. Collaborate with multiple partners including central teams, enterprise digital analytics, new accounts decision science, new accounts operations, GSN etc.
7. Build a strong, motivated and talented team
Critical Factors to Success:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of analysts in conceptualizing and implementing data drive risk management solutions. Ability to collaborate across teams in a highly cross-functional environment with flexibility and adaptability to work with tight deadlines and changing priorities. Role requires very strong partner management skills.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Post-graduation from a top tier college (either MBA/M tech/MS/Masters in quantitative subjects such as Economics, Statistics or Mathematics).
- Experience of working in highly cross-functional environment with flexibility and adaptability to work with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to understand data, synthesize into real world meaning, break down business problems, and conduct brainstorming.
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Experience with previous risk management roles will be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead / mentor and inspire a team of skilled business and data analysts in developing information-driven solutions for our customers
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.