HR at American Express
Views:599 Applications:105 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
American Express - Manager - Product Development (7-9 yrs)
"I began working at American Express in 2007 through a campus recruitment program. I now lead a team managing business intelligence tools and platforms, creating data capabilities and insights for measuring the performance of acquisition channels, marketing campaigns, cobrand products & Digital experience channels. It’s been exciting and rewarding!"
Vice President, Enterprise Business Intelligence Engineering
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
We are looking for an experienced leader with ML and technology background to derive the design and launch of Amex's next generation Machine Learning Platform in the Public Cloud which serves our analytics and ML community. You will work in the team to gather the needs and requirements and synthesize it into technical roadmap and partner closely with technology and other stakeholders on the execution and delivery of this platform. You will also be responsible for bringing the best practices in Machine Learning from the industry and identify key results to support the strategic decisions.
1. Build the vision, strategy, and roadmap of Cloud-native AI/ML core foundation products& tools to derive significant impacts for our products .
2. Build new AI technologies, services and platforms to enable scale for Amex's products and offerings Bring innovation into Amex from trends and best practices in the external AI community.
3. Ability to experiment and prototype new technologies quickly to maximize the business impact
4. Lead all important aspects of the next-gen AI platforms such as architecture, Compute (GPU, CPUs), scalability, implementation, operation as well as optimization.
5. Identify and track key success metrics for the ML Platform.
6. Work with senior leaders to prioritize business and ML Platform needs.
7. Partner closely with Big Data and Analytics Platform team on integration of AI Platform
8. Provide frequent updates to the stakeholders and business partners on progress and milestones for the platform build
Qualification: Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
1. More than 7 years of hands-on Experience with Big Data framework such as Hadoop, Hive, Scala, Python, and Kubernetes
2. Practical experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques
3. Experience developing data products, technologies and platforms
4. Experience with Public Cloud technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud
5. Excellent communication skills: Ability to translate technical and analytical metrics into simple content and present to business partners as well as senior leadership. Strength in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation, and team building
6. Comfortable in working with and managing relationships across the enterprise (including negotiation and influencing skills).
7. Strategic thinker with ability to craft plans to multiple stakeholders and operate effectively within the dynamic organization.
8. Comfortable working across locations and time zones, with both co-located and remote team members.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
1. Set the Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective.
2. Bring Others with You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential.
3. Do It the Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.