Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1812 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - GMS Insights & Analytics (3-6 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business and accelerate innovation for both immediate impacts as well as the long-term transformation of our business.
A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
GMS Insights and Analytics team sits within the EDA organization but supports GMS for their advanced analytics needs, partners with GMS Sales Consultants to scope and execute high-quality innovative custom consulting engagements. Depending on customer need, the project can vary in size and complexity. This role is responsible for end to end execution of the project engagement from problem definition, data analysis/interpretation to develop the storyline with the insights/recommendations. The team aims to provide best in class analytics to support key GMS priorities by focusing on:
- Marketing targeting and segmentation of Small Merchants
- Creation of marketing triggers for small merchants
- Delivery and innovation on the Business Insights product for the large merchants
- Portfolio analysis, insights, and reporting for large merchants
- Analysis and insights from marketing to AXP merchants
- Creation of analytics capabilities to support above business priorities
- Development of automation capabilities to deliver merchant analytics at scale
Purpose of the Role:
- Lead the GMS Insights Team for a particular merchant class OR industry
- Partner with BI managers in the market and lead the delivery of complex consulting projects
- Coach and mentor a team of 3-4 analysts
- Bring business domain knowledge, thought leadership and drive innovation
- Lead the delivery of consulting projects for a particular merchant class or industry. Overall accountability of all projects delivered by the team
- Coach and mentor a team of 3-4 analysts and develop them into a high-performing and cohesive unit
- Bring to bear thought leadership, business knowledge and drive innovation to build next-gen products
- Build a strong partnership with the in-market BI teams and their leadership
- Hands-on leadership and ability to get hands dirty as and when needed
Critical Factors to Success:
- Strong analytical skills and prior experience in an analytical consulting environment
- Effective in written and verbal communication with partners located globally
- Prior team leadership experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
Technical Skills :
- Coding is SAS/R/Python
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in the analytics domain
Preferred: Experience in the merchant/ commercial business
Academic Background :
- Bachelor's in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/ Engineering with relevant experience
Preferred: Post Graduation in Statistics/Mathematics/ Economics/Engineering/Management
- Analytics & Insights & Targeting
- R, Python, SAS, SQL, Hive, PySpark
- Advanced Statistical Techniques
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Big Data - Cornerstone
- Knowledge or experience on Digital Marketing platforms
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Operations
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.