Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2088 Applications:123 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Financial Analysis - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (1-3 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they are ready to take on a new career path, we are right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
- Complete understanding of Management Reporting process at an AXP/Segment/Regional/Market/LOB level
- Ensure the integrity of the P&L through effective close control activities to maintain high accuracy and productivity standards
- Detailed review of the P&L along with variance analytics, trend analysis and commentary to cater to diverse customer requirements. Basis results analysis, candidate should be able to assess 'balance of year' Risk & Opportunities of the Segment P & L.
- Perform root cause analysis on the type of queries received and respond appropriately
- Ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes to ensure integrity of the information
- Participate in standardization and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives
- Ensure compliance with the prevailing policies and procedures.
- Support in-house projects with SME knowledge to support in development of relevant reporting of Financial Statements with analysis
- Collaborate with multiple Finance partners to source information and deliver on customer expectations to business requirement
- Participate and contribute to the planning & forecasting process as required
- Creating and delivering best in class Analytics and Reporting solutions for the GCSG team
- Contribute to continuous improvement by expanding on our reporting capabilities through automation, consolidation of metrics / parameters, incorporating intuitive analysis and recommendation or by creating new intuitive MI etc. by leveraging information using different tools (OBIE, IDN, Cornerstone etc.) to create reporting solutions.
- Problem solving, planning and analytical skills to facilitate and focus on continuous improvement
- Customer focused, with strong ability to resolve operational issues and effectively address service situations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact independently with business partners / customers
- Good collaboration and co-ordination abilities
- Must be an independent, result oriented self-starter
- Should be able to understand and exceed customer's requirements whilst ensuring effective teamwork at all times
- Familiarity with US GAAP and financial accounting experience will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Company Policies, Businesses, Finance processes and Systems (Oracle, BIEE, TM1, Axiom etc) is desirable
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- The Person should hold a Master / Bachelor Degree from a premier institute with 1-3 years of overall experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Essbase, TM1, Oracle GL, Advanced Excel, Tableau, SAS/SQL
- Reporting / FP&A analysis and experience will be a distinct advantage
- Be flexible to operate in different time zones to troubleshoot user queries and issues
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.