Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2028 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Financial Analysis - FX Exposure Identification CoE (4-9 yrs)
Why American Express?
- There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
- We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
- Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- The powerful backing of American Express.
- Don't make a difference without it.
- Don't live life without it.
The FX Exposure Identification CoE is part of the Middle Office Controllership team within Global Treasury Controllership Organization and is responsible for exposure identification & analysis pertaining to non card transactions arising from foreign currency transactions and equity translation exposure arising from AXPs foreign subsidiaries. Responsibilities:
- Calculate and support GTO in appropriately hedging the non-card related exposures on daily basis for high value markets
- Prepare month end FX exposure reconciliation packages for multiple markets to ensure adequate FX hedging across AXP
- Accounting & Reporting of FX Trades to hedge the foreign exchange exposure resulting from cross-currency transactions within American Express Company and its subsidiaries
- Provide advisory support on companywide initiatives for items pertaining to FX accounting - Support ongoing projects within the team
- Maintain accounting controls to ensure compliance with SOX, Bank Holding Company regulations, and AXP internal guidelines.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
a) Candidate should be a qualified accountant or other equivalent certification (M.com, ACA, ACCA, CPA, etc) with 1-2 years- work experience and should have sound MS office knowledge
b) Strong Accounting skills including technical areas of ASC 830 (FAS 52) related to Currency Remeasurement & Translation and ASC 815 (FAS 133) related to FX Hedge Accounting
c) A fast/keen learner with the ability to learn a detailed process quickly and have excellent communication skills
d) Sound knowledge of Oracle Accounting and reporting tools & Knowledge of accounting analysis and reporting will be a plus
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.