Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1891 Applications:102 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Financial Analysis - CPA/CA (2-5 yrs)
- Working as part of a team that handles all accounting aspects of American Express Credit Corporation (Credco) and its subsidiaries.
- This includes treasury - related accounting operations involving debt issuances, derivatives, investments and cash management, along with the purchase, sale and transfer of card member accounts and loans receivable .
- Accounting controls to ensure compliance with SOX, Bank Holding Company regulations and numerous internal guidelines.
- Presenting results of Credco and its subsidiaries to management. Assist with the timely completion of the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statement filings with the SEC (10-K,10-Q, etc) and the various other statutory reporting requirements of Credco and its subsidiaries.
This includes :
- The preparation of supporting information used to compile financial statements, notes and MD&A.
- Implementation and compliance with internal controls.
- Coordinating with multiple corporate and field employees to receive necessary input and disclosure support.
- Coordinating with the Company's external auditors. Responsible for reviewing the Company's SEC filings to ensure compliance with disclosure requirements.
- Assist with determining the implications of new accounting standards on the Company and assist with associated implementation projects.
- Help with research and document the Company's position in regard to complex accounting issues.
- Assist with preparing Financial Review Book (FRB) key financial statement accounts and other schedules prepared to support the preparation of external reporting documents.
- Working in a fast - paced environment with tight deadlines. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
- Accounting degree plus 2 years experience in finance and accounting operations.
- CPA / CA, US GAAP, knowledge in the areas of financial Instruments, derivatives, investments, intercompany and multi-currency translation/ledgers a plus.
- Excellent collaborative and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time) : Full-time
Job type : Permanent
Industry Type : Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.