Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3144 Applications:250 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Financial Analysis - CA/CPA (2-7 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they are ready to take on a new career path, we are right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Working as part of a team that handles all accounting aspects of American Express Credit Corporation (Credco) and its subsidiaries. This includes treasury - related accounting operations involving debt issuances, derivatives, investments and cash management, along with the purchase, sale and transfer of card member accounts and loans receivable. Accounting controls to ensure compliance with SOX, Bank Holding Company regulations, and numerous internal guidelines. . Presenting results of Credco and its subsidiaries to management. Assist with the timely completion of the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statement filings with the SEC (10-K,10-Q, etc) and the various other statutory reporting requirements of Credco and its subsidiaries.
(i) The preparation of supporting information used to compile financial statements, notes, and MD&A
(ii) Implementation and compliance with internal controls
(iii) Coordinating with multiple corporate and field employees to receive the necessary input and disclosure support
(iv) Coordinating with the Company's external auditors. Responsible for reviewing the Company's SEC filings to ensure compliance with disclosure requirements.
- Assist with determining the implications of new accounting standards on the Company and assist with associated implementation projects.
- Help with research and document the Company's position in regard to complex accounting issues.
- Assist with preparing the Financial Review Book (FRB) key financial statement accounts and other schedules prepared to support the preparation of external reporting documents.
- Working in a fast - paced environment with tight deadlines. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
- Accounting degree plus 2 years experience in finance and accounting operations.
- CPA / CA, US GAAP, knowledge in the areas of financial Instruments, derivatives, investments, intercompany and multi-currency translation/ledgers a plus.
- Excellent collaborative and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.