Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2403 Applications:151 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Financial Analysis (5-10 yrs)
American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work - Hall of Fame- .
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We- re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Overview of Business:
American Express Technology Controllership provides business advisory, reporting and accounting guidance to the Technology organizations. This team is a primary point of contact for the Technology business partners and LFO teams on a wide variety of accounting and reporting treatment. The Technology teams are responsible for approximately $ 3 Billion in annual expenses.
- Supporting business growth through activities such as reviewing business contracts and transactions related to technology teams including hardware & software purchases and support services. The team advises the business and LFOs on accounting treatment related to Technologies contracts as per accounting policies and guidance.
- Review and ensure the timely and accurate end to end accounting as per deal guidance (Technology contracts)
- Performs reviews, analysis and accruals for major AET vendors. Perform detailed validation of expenses and general ledger reviews during close to ensure all accruals are captured appropriately in the ledger
- Review accounts and drive accounting treatment as per accounting policies
- Review MJE requests from tech delegates- basis nature of expense and supporting documents and ensure accurate accounting.
- Create and share accurate monthly MIS/reporting on accounting transactions, trend analysis for stakeholders
- Support and drive monthly balance sheet reconciliation in coordination with GFO-BSR team
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key Business and Finance partners, as well as counterparts within broader Controllership organization.
- Identify, Initiate, drive and support processes redesign/improvement for best in class processes.
- Reviews technology business financials, create roll-forward analysis, establish variance commentary and finalize technology balances sheet review package for technology finance leaders.
- Work with business partners in identifying risks and opportunities and support finalizing partners management reporting
- Support/drive automations / improvements projects from time to time.
- B.Com / M.Com having 5+ years of cumulative accounting/business experience
- CA / ICWA or MBA from the premier institute with 2+ years post qualification experience
- Knowledge / Understanding of US GAAP
- Strong accounting and financial acumen with excellent communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills; ability to understand business drivers & manage expectations of business partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project Management Skills
- Knowledge of American Express ERP systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.