Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2911 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Financial Analysis (4-10 yrs)
- American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
- American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work - Hall of Fame
- At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We- re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
- A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
- The Global Treasury Controllership (GTC) is part the Global Controllership Organization and is responsible for providing comprehensive global debt, derivative and investment transaction services supporting Treasury & Controllership.
- The Trade Support team is a key component of GTC, responsible for covering: non-media exposure identification, trade capture confirmation, settlement tracking and accounting & reporting of foreign currency results.
- This particular role will support the activities involved in daily Validation, Settlement, Accounting & Reporting of FX Trades to hedge the foreign exchange exposure resulting from cross-currency transactions within American Express Company and its subsidiaries.
- Overall governance of the - Treasury Management System- including supporting set up of new transactions.
- Capture the Company's global transactions executed by Treasury
- Supporting the Intercompany loans & related interest validation on TMS
- Support upcoming TMS upgrade having wide-range impacts on various Treasury and Treasury Controllership processes
- Leverage the new capabilities of the Quantum Treasury Management System (TMS) to help drive efficiencies in the various Treasury processes.
- Perform daily validation of FX Deals executed - Reconciliation of Deal data with FX exposure.
- Accounting of FX settlement as per AXP requirements.
- Prepare monthly reports for various internal customers.
- Assist with GTC ongoing special projects
- Maintain accounting controls to ensure compliance with SOX, Bank Holding Company regulations, and AXP internal guidelines.
- Review monthly FX exposure reconciliation packages for multiple markets
- The role would require to participate and lead in projects related to Treasury/Business partner driven initiatives by providing appropriate cash management and FX solutions.
- The incumbent needs to deliver on simplification initiative that transforms the trade life cycle by connecting with various internal/external stakeholders.
- This role would also require candidate to manage ageing of accounting & reconciliation open items and keep them under desired limits.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Qualified accountant or other equivalent certification (M.com, ACA, ACCA, CPA, etc)
- Knowledge on technical areas of ASC 830 (FAS 52) related to Currency Remeasurement & Translation and ASC 815 (FAS 133) related to FX Hedge Accounting.
- Strong Accounting skills.
- Knowledge of accounting analysis and reporting a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of Oracle Accounting and reporting tools
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.