Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2216 Applications:197 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Financial Analysis (2-3 yrs)
Job Description :
Analyzes profit and loss income statements, and prepares reports on findings to make recommendations to management. Participates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets.
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we are right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
The position is responsible for performing Controllership activities in support of the US Legal Entities. The position will report directly to one of the Sr.SDL/ SDL, and will serve in supporting the controllership functions, business management, finance organizations and regulators. The position will play an integral role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the financial statements, proactively eliminate controllable financial risk and exposure to the business, and regularly execute accurate and effective financial reports and controls. The position will also be responsible for supporting critical business initiatives and providing accounting and reporting decision support as part of a world-class controllership organization.
Job Responsibilities :
- Preparation & Review of US GAAP financial statements, trend analysis, variance analytics and commentary
- Preparation & Review of Unit and BHC submissions
- Perform and review operational accounting procedures, including reconciliations
- Ensuring and monitoring quality and change control over financial related processes including, regulatory reporting and compliance and inter-company transactions
- Identifying and executing critical quality initiatives to continuously improve financial processes and add value to the Company
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail
- Able to challenge status quo & effectively communicate to leadership, auditors and regulators
- Strong analytical skills and ability to connect business drivers
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to influence without direct control
- 2-3 years Finance, Accounting & Reporting experience; CPA or equivalent professional qualification preferred; Degree in Finance/Accounting an advantage
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.