Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:5553 Applications:312 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Manager - Compliance (3-8 yrs)
Job Description :
- American Express is a global services company and the worlds largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
- American Express for 11th consecutive year has been voted among Indias top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work - Hall of Fame.
- At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We're widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
- A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.Come join us and realize your potential.
- Developing and maintaining an effective Compliance program to ensure a best in class Compliance culture within AmEx.
- Providing guidance to business units on regulatory matters and interpretation of guidelines issued by various regulators.
- Providing guidance and support to the lines of businesses through participation in new product/service projects
- Providing direction and assist business partners regarding Compliance activities, laws and regulations.
- Ensure that business activities are aligned to American Express Company compliance program and local regulations in local market
- Providing advice and guidance on compliance issues within the market in a manner consistent with all local directives, circulars, and communications.
- Supporting the Market Compliance Office in achieving the Market Goals within the defined time line, in closing out the identified Gaps and resolving outstanding compliance issues.
- Developing and executing a compliance training program for AmEx with specific focus on consumer card acquisitions and related practices. Assist management in promoting staff awareness of compliance requirements, in partnership with designated Compliance Champions.
- Ensuring compliance-training programs are updated as required, attendance is tracked and that all employees are scheduled for appropriate training as per the market Compliance program. Conduct periodic classroom training session based on an Annual compliance training plan to cover Code of Conduct, AML / KYC and FCPA training and such other topics as decided by the Compliance & Ethics group from time to time.
- Maintaining working knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements. As needed, utilize General Counsel's Office, Global / Market Compliance Office, or other line of business subject matter compliance experts.
- Ensure that business activities are aligned to American
- Express Company compliance program and local regulations in local market.
- Provide regular updates to various committees within AmEx
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good knowledge of AML Laws and practices
- Strong knowledge of Banking Regulations Act, Prevention of Money Laundering Act and other laws applicable to Commercial Banks and Payment Operators
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (preferred)
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement, business partners and Agents
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to conceptualize and break down complex issues into actionable tasks.
- Ability to address large groups and conduct training.
- High standard of integrity.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, adaptable and detail oriented with a proven ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Good academic qualification with experience in compliance, audit or legal would be an advantage. Prior experience in a control / support function would be given preference.
- Fair knowledge of the Card industry and its business practices with good understanding of end to end front office and Back office activities.
- Preferably CA/CS/LLB/CAMS/CIA/MBA.
- Handled Regulatory Compliance within large banks or payment operators
- Experience in working with regulatory bodies will be an added advantage.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Operations
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.