Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:5195 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Information Security Manager - Global Risk (5-10 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express. Don- t make a difference without it. Don- t live life without it. Information Security Manager, Global Risk, Banking & Compliance (GRBC)
- This is Band 30 role. The position serves as an Information Security Manager of American Express Banking Corp. (AEBC) responsible for managing the Bank's Information Security program and governance in line with the Bank's policies and standards, regulatory requirements set out by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS).
- The Assistant Manager, Global Banking IT Risk & Information Security is responsible for the management of the international Bank's IT Risk & Information Security programs commensurate with the best interest of shareholders, customers, employees, and the public.
- The Assistant Manager will directly report to the Bank's CISO and assist him in running the Information Security Risk Oversight program, as needed, to collaborate closely with India Business stakeholders and other support functions including Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk, HR etc. to ensure compliance with Bank & American Express policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Function as the Assistant Manager, Information Security Oversight, Global Risk, Banking and Compliance to ensure compliance with American Express Information Security, Information Technology, & Management Policies - Financial Institution Letters and other guidance, regulation, and law governing financial Institutions for IT Risk & Information Security
- Work closely with Business, Operational Risk, Compliance, Technologies and other teams as appropriate to review and approve new product launches from Information Security perspective and highlight risks and appropriate mitigations measures as applicable
- Create applicable regulatory reports and submit to internal teams as well as regulators as appropriate
- Analyze and prepare Data Loss Prevention reports for Senior leadership within the Bank and presenting the same to relevant Bank committees
- Collaborate with Information Security oversight team to align Bank's information security program with global framework and best practices
- Perform Annual IT/IS Risk Assessment and present the results to the various committees of the Bank
- Ensure compliance within the area of responsibility of all banking rules for federal, state, local, and country-specific guidelines and regulations, and past auditing results
- Provide periodic updates, reports, and recommendations to the Leadership on various Information Security/Technology related topics
- Responsible and accountable for the IT Risk & Information Security requirements of the Bank
- Responsible for developing, establishing, monitoring, reviewing, and improving the strategies, processes, and procedures within the scope of this job description.
- Identify, articulate, initiate, and monitor progress of actionable and measurable goals to be accomplished.
- Possess and execute outstanding ability to evaluate and influence others (direct reports, peers, managers, affiliates, business partners, etc.) to achieve complex objectives against tight deadlines.
- Be capable of, proficient at, and have a desire for, operating in a highly complex matrix environment with limited resources.
- Responsible for staying knowledgeable of Regulatory and legislative changes pertaining to banking and credit card practices that may impact American Express, and/or the incumbent's area of responsibility.
- Conform with, and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Required self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and across multiple time zones and various times-of-day
- Demonstrate appropriate technical skills and abilities in-line with jobs responsibilities (such as emerging technology and associated IT & Information Security Risk)
- Develop staff member's training, education, and expertise within their respective responsibility, as applicable. Establish and maintain communication channels with affiliate service providers. Provide oversight of key bank vendors and service level agreements related to the area of responsibility.
- Complete required annual training commensurate with duties.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills; and, Other duties as assigned Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of RBI, NYSDFS and other key US regulations related to IT and IS
- 5+ years full-time Information Security experience
- 5+ years working knowledge of key IT & Application Risk Management functions
- Strong background in overall Risk Management security discipline
- Strategic thinker who is able to combine technical skills with overall business strategy to creatively solve complex problems
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams across geographies in various time zones
- Proven Technology Operations Management experience
- Experience in leading teams of employees, contractors and vendor partners
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working with and communicating to senior leaders
- Ability to analyze high level requirements, identify and evaluate alternatives, develop recommendations, gain leadership alignment and implement changes
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal guidance and direction
- Willingness to challenge traditional thinking by actively engaging in constructive dialogue
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to support/manage multiple projects with changing priorities
- Educational requirement: Preferred background in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Preferred Additional: Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Industry certifications (e.g. CISM, CISA, CISSP)
- Strong knowledge of PCI DSS
- Knowledge of IT & IS regulations in India and USA
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
Contact Url - https://jobs.americanexpress.com
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.