HR at GBT India Private Limited
Views:1429 Applications:315 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
American Express Global Business Travel - Consulting Analyst (4-6 yrs)
Role Title : Consulting Analyst
Location : Gurgaon
Notice Period : 30 days or less ONLY
Mandatory skill set : Business travel or consulting organization exp. preferred
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travelers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 14,000 employees and operations in nearly 140 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveler care.
We are moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients- success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world's largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes.
We are committed to ensuring that our global workforce experiences a culture of belonging that leverages the diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives of our colleagues, clients, partners and communities, to foster a high performing multicultural and inclusive organization. We believe that a culture where everyone feels engaged, has a voice, and is empowered to achieve their full potential, is core to our purpose and success.
Get ready to take your career to new heights.
For more information about American Express GBT, please refer to our website:
Overview of Role:
The Consulting Analyst will be an integral part of the Data Analytics team focused on supporting the data and analytical needs of the Travel Consulting Projects. The Consulting Analyst must have the ability to interpret data, create complex data analysis, produce client facing presentations, identify trends/gaps and create insightful recommendations for Client presentations.
- Effectively support multi-work stream engagements, prioritize client requests and work objectives leveraging appropriate project management methodologies and tools such as project plans and issue logs.
- Work with stakeholders across GBT to understand complex business needs. Develop hypotheses and identify data to evaluate based on client needs. Review and validate data, analyze, develop options/alternatives and create insightful recommendations in context of total engagement.
- Compile various data sources with large amounts of data and have the ability to link data together to create reports/solutions.
- Work on RFP work. Includes interpretation of RFP, working on Data Models etc.
- Run reports, correct file errors, normalize data etc., Create scenario-based models.
- Present complex information and data in an uncomplicated, easy-to-understand way - "breaks it down" to suit the audience.
- Produce client reports & deliverables in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Effectively manage issues and risks that arise during the lifecycle of the project/engagement.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Need go-getters who are energetic, curious and creative.
- Bachelor's degree where course work could include (either): statistics, travel, business administration, finance, decision sciences, economics, and mathematics. Candidates with Masters preferred.
- 4+ years of work experience required with 2+ years of business travel or consulting organization.
- Candidates with experience with Hotel strategy, sourcing and optimization role in travel industry preferred.
- Should have good analytical and project management skills with innovative mindset and ability to think conceptually.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Access. SQL knowledge will be a plus.
- Experience managing hotel programs through platforms such as Cvent (Lanyon) and data visualization solutions including Tableau is desired and preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, listening ability and written presentation skills.
- Highly client-focused with the ability to demonstrate attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and present/discuss work results in a compelling manner.
- Team player, Flexibility/ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management skills required - including ability to set priorities and work in a fast paced, multiproject environment.
American Express GBT is committed to equal employment. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,, family or parental status, gender identity, former military, persons with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by government laws and regulations.
As a valued American Express GBT candidate, please take a moment to join us on LinkedIn and provide a review on Glassdoor.