Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3614 Applications:232 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Financial Analyst (1-2 yrs)
Job reference - 18019213-en-us
Job Description - This is a Band 28 role:
Why American Express?
There' s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they' re ready to take on a new career path, we are right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Preparation and filing of Sales & Use Tax returns, including various schedules and other information required for the tax declaration
- Computation of Indirect tax liability, file declarations and submit tax payments to regulators within mandatory timeliness
- Liaising with Tax authorities and Market Tax Planning & Advisory Teams for various matter related tax compliance
- Responsibility for understanding and implementing local regulatory or policy driven changes in Indirect Tax reporting requirements
- Provide support to all Indirect Tax audits/ Notices/ Queries, including local tax authority audits of returns
- Accounting & reconciliation for Tax owned accounts.
- Leadership of direct report/s where applicable including recruitment, coaching and development to ensure retention of talent
- Understanding impact in relation to changes in any other statute and/or regulations applicable to Amex and work getting the same implemented.
- Contribute toward process improvements through implementation of new systems, elimination of non-value added work and streamlining of functional procedures
- Preparation and filling of timely refund claims with tax authorities
- SOX, PRSA, Spreadsheet Controls
- MCOM/ MBA/ CA (Inter) having 1-2 years of work experience thorough understanding of accounting and India indirect tax compliance principles, accounting and reporting
- Accounting background and experience in accounting, reporting or statutory auditing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve issues and track to conclusion
- Knowledge of AXP Policies, Procedures and Systems (or demonstrable ability to operate in a large company matrix environment if external candidate)
- Ability to collaborate across geographies in a matrix structure and deliver on customer expectations
- Project/ Change Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in MS-Office applications, ERP (Essbase/analytical software and Oracle)
- Proven People Leadership Skills including developing staff
- Understanding of AXP business lines and business models in the local market
- Must demonstrate personal accountability in ensuring all tasks and activities are carried out on time and in accordance with legal requirements
- Results driven and ability to perform multiple tasks, work to strict deadlines and prioritize tasks
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.