Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:3176 Applications:261 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Financial Analyst (1-2 yrs)
Job Description :
This is a Band 28 role :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, were right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express. Don't make a difference without it. Don't live life without it.
Roles and responsibilities :
The individual will be part of the inter-company Controllership Team, will be responsible for activities related to Investment Equity accounting, governance, and reporting.
This role will include the following responsibilities and requirements :
- Basic understanding of Investment-Equity, consolidation, legal entity restructuring.
- Tracking and governance of investment-equity out of balance
- Chart of accounts governance for investment equity accounts
- Handling customer queries and performs an analysis.
- Strong ability to quickly grasp complex issues and gain end to end knowledge of processes.
- The incumbent should have good maturity and display flexibility to respond quickly to crisis situations.
- Working knowledge of Amex financial systems like Oracle, Essbase etc. would be preferred.
- Commerce Graduate/PostGraduate minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar job
- Must possess strong accounting, analytical, MS Excel/MS access skills.
- US GAAP knowledge would be preferred
- Good experience on working Oracle R12 suite
- Must have strong results-orientation, resourcefulness, and flexibility to overcome significant obstacles to goal achievement in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent team player with strong inter-personal skills and be able to interact with multiple Employee levels / Business partners / Customers
- A self-starter with the ability to manage change and deliver results on multiple time-sensitive projects
- Good Communication Skills
- Good on Multitasking and Time management
Job type: Permanent
Industry Type: Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.