Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1965 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Engineering Director - Enterprise Member Engagement & Personalization (13-18 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We have also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they are ready to take on a new career path, we are right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
American Express is seeking a visionary and results-oriented Engineering Director who will lead the platform transformation designed to enable a world class, seamless and personalized experience for our customers across all channels. The role will lead a large, high performing, global engineering organization responsible for the end to end suite of technologies that enable real-time, cross-channel personalization of Amex content while bringing in the best industry learnings and innovations. This role will also be responsible for developing a world-class enterprise platform for driving increased Amex Member engagement.
The incumbent will lead the development of innovative new Big Data & Open Source technologies based Product; designed to enable real time, personalized interactions with customers, champion the re-use and globalization of capabilities where applicable, and design a more streamlined and effective approach globally while driving Cloud adoption.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to :
Data Management & Advanced Analytics :
- Lead the development of Enterprise Product & Platform leveraging the companys Big Data & Cloud platform
- Partner with Customer Marketing Technology team to effectively leverage established customer marketing data on Cornerstone for the purpose of driving enterprise personalization capabilities
- Dramatically improve business measurement, analytic capabilities and quality of actionable business insights to drive marketing performance across Amex businesses
Marketing & Personalization Capabilities :
- Enable cutting edge real-time marketing capabilities and best in class Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning techniques including Neural Network, Deep Learning, Supervised & Unsupervised, Regression, Classification, etc.
- Partner with Data scientists, Architects, Engineers & Product Owners to lead the design and implementation of world class, cross-channel personalization capabilities leveraging advanced analytics and real time machine learning
- Integrate with marketing stakeholders, channel owners and partners across all Amex lines of business including centers of excellence for Global Marketing Operations and Enterprise Digital & Analytics
- Build and develop team, capabilities, supporting processes and infrastructure to deliver above business improvements, building upon existing Amex teams and resources
- Scale globally with the business and partners across multiple geographies
- The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader with a track record of developing cutting-edge marketing and personalization technology platforms that improve both customer engagement/experience and business performance. This leader will have deep expertise in designing products that leverage advanced analytics and machine learning, especially within a consumer-oriented driven environment. S/he will have a strong background in digital marketing (martech/adtech) and experience partnering with data scientists, marketers and channel teams.
- This leader will be comfortable solving complex problems and navigating uncharted territory. S/he will be highly adaptable and have the proven ability to pivot and course correct as the digital landscape and customer behavior continue to evolve. S/he will have excellent listening and cognitive skills and the ability to influence, shape and drive dialogue by building - buy-in- across the organization.
- Ideally, this person has experience in a progressive, consumer-oriented technology company of significant scale. S/he will have a reputation as a strong leader and team builder who is adept at attracting and developing great talent, having led teams across multiple geographies.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 13+ years of large-scale technology delivery in a complex environment
- 2-5 years Martech experience with broad knowledge of the digital marketing landscape including relevant products, tools, processes, and industry players
- 1-3 years experience developing real-time personalization capabilities leveraging machine learning in a big data environment
- Advanced knowledge of big data concepts, tools and technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Python, Pig & Java).
- Extensive knowledge of Amex customer marketing data, technologies and capabilities, will be preferred.
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Docker, and Cloud Native applications will be an added advantage.
- Large scale software product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment, i.e. Agile/SAFe, Test Modernization, CI/CD, Cloud Solutions, and DevOps practices
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels across functions, from both technical and non-technical perspectives alike
- Outstanding influential and collaboration skills; ability to drive consensus and tangible outcomes, demonstrated by breaking down silos and fostering cross communication process
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams in a highly competitive market
- Experience managing in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment with the ability to convey passion, energy and intensity
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and technology evolution and is a change agent with external technology contributions
- Expert-level relevant hands-on engineering skills across a broad range of technologies, including expertise in the construction of enterprise-grade APIs and Services using state-of-the-art techniques (REST, JSON, XML, etc.) that can be readily consumed through a self-service implementation model (full SDK, test stubs, test data, etc.)
- Experienced in designing and delivering high available and performant digital applications with very high volumes in both Pull and Push modes
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.