Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:2402 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Director - Technology (10-14 yrs)
Job Description :
The Enterprise Platform organization was created in 2018, as part of the company's Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our team creates solutions on Salesforce platform by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K + Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise.
We work closely with our sales and account development organization - selling to new clients and helping grow business with existing clients. New times bring new challenges and we need to drive huge productivity gains. We need to do more with the people we have: sell more, retain higher numbers of clients, and drive higher satisfaction amongst our clients. Salesforce.com is the platform that will drive enhanced productivity in our sales & account development teams. We are building and delivering a single, global salesforce.com platform -- a command-center for everything our field teams need to do, see and act-on.
We are on a journey to create an elite Product & Engineering Organization. Our people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and fresh opinions are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you- re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on our sales teams, account development organization and customers, look no further.
You won't just keep up, you'll break new ground. You- ll be challenged every day as our Commercial Salesforce team works to create the Salesforce Platform of tomorrow. Here's just some of what you'll be doing :
- The Director of Engineering serves as a key leader on the Commercial Salesforce Platform team (aka ONE.force) focused on our Servicing Scrum team but will also represent the greater Enterprise Salesforce team. This role includes a blend of CRM product development, technology strategy, executive communications and people leadership.
- Collaborate with product & technology leaders, scrum masters, product managers, engineers and GBS focused on our transformational journey to come up and deliver technology-powered solutions that our customers love and that work for our business.
- Play a critical role partnering with stakeholders and users to help drive customer-first product roadmap enabling business outcomes.
- Create solid vision for adapting digital transformation pillars, such as test & learn mindset, multi-speed release and proactive-servicing standard methodologies.
- Lead a team of engineers, testers, business architects, program managers, and others in a way that inspires each team member to do their best work and continue to grow and develop within the company.
- Role model the culture of enterprise thinking by not only developing re-usable components, but also influence your colleagues to re-use them, not only develop the best agile practices, but also bring your partners and colleagues with you.
- Hire, mentor, and develop to maintain an amazing culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, retention of key employees, development, and high performance.
- Become an inspiring leader in both technical excellence and management excellence, balancing the needs of technology, business, customers, and employees.
- Contribute to the review and analysis of business needs and user stories.
- Consult and advise business and technology leaders on how to translate user stories into technology solutions.
- Analyze technical options available within the existing salesforce and broader technology environment and recommend appropriate solutions to meet business requirements.
- Provide thought leadership around standard methodologies and new/emerging concepts.
- Assist in the estimation of personnel requirements, cost, and time for development projects.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies and technology service providers.
- Perform resource, technical and risk assessments.
Qualifications & Experience :
You will have :
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering and data related services;
- 3+ years of experience with SaaS platform solution experience;
- Hands-on experience in Salesforce SaaS platform ecosystems, and ability to stay close to the platform evolution and mindset to stay ahead of the industry;
- Practical experience on implementation various system integration solutions, such as, APIs and Data integration layers (Batch & Real-Time);
- Strong understanding of the Software Development practices, Agile/SCRUM, Pair Programming;
- Solid understanding of the latest Salesforce product and framework offerings (e.g. Lightning, Einstein);
- Familiarity of Salesforce accelerators, Customer Success programs and consistent track record in demonstrating them appropriately to drive accelerated outcomes;
- Hands-on experience and cross-domain knowledge in secure coding standard methodologies, architecture, object-oriented development, services and databases such as MS SQL Server and Oracle;
- Experience in design, implementation and architecture governance within a large corporate environment;
- Experience in working with large distributed teams in a highly dynamic environment involving an onshore/offshore model.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and deliver results through a globally distributed teams.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business insight with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Knowledge, ML/AI/NLP, Einstein Analytics, Chat bots and Mobility is a plus.
What is it about you?
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You- re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You- re excellent at understanding opposing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you'll find out what we' re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you'll hear. It's our culture that makes American Express an extraordinary place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win the best workplace awards all over the world. If you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world's a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We- re interested in where you came from, but we- re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.