TA Team at American Express
Views:4227 Applications:293 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Director - Operations - Customer Fulfillment Network - GSO Team (12-15 yrs)
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
- An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
- Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
- A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
- A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
- Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
This exciting Leadership position is in the Customer Fulfillment Network - GSO team in Gurgaon. At American Express, service has been at the core of our company for more than 164 years. In taking care of our customers, we view each contact not as a transaction, but as an opportunity to deepen the overall relationship by applying the 3 core principles of - Customer First- Keep things easy and simple, own and solve the customer's issues, value and recognize the customer.
The B40 Director of CFN Operations will lead the Payments Research & Account Services (PRAS), Card Member Maintenance & Inquiry (CMMI) processes & Membership Rewards (MR) fulfillment, for US and International card members including partner operations. As a member of the Customer Fulfillment Network Consumer Leadership team, the Director (PRAS, CMMI & MR) will be responsible for running the above operations for our Consumer products.
The broad remit of this role currently oversees a talented Team of ~120 colleagues in addition to providing AXP management oversight to our outsourced operations (~120 colleagues). The latter is in scope for being transitioned in-house to our proprietary site. The end state span of this role by Q4 2019, post all migrations, will be ~ 240 colleagues.
The Leader will be responsible for delivering on the vision and road map for Consumer Servicing in CFN which is to transform end to end Customer journeys to deliver the world's best Customer experience. In doing so we will partner with upstream GSG servicing functions and Business to eliminate customer friction points in our back office processes, reduce Bad demand, drive efficiency and automation and provide more digitally enabled servicing experiences to our customers.
As a Leader of this team, you will be responsible for:
1. Driving a high-performance culture through strong leadership and effectively inspiring, motivating and influencing large teams of Customer Care professionals and Operations frontline leaders across the PRAS, CMMI & MR processes
2. Collaborate effectively with partners across the Global Transformation & Engineering Network (GTEN), Process Excellence, Capabilities & Business Stakeholders to deliver on process transformation initiatives - develop end to end strategies to reduce demand, elevate Card Member experience through - Customer First- initiatives aimed at eliminating servicing friction points and increasing Digital fulfillment across the process spectrum
3. Ensure successful and ongoing delivery of all key operational metrics across Share Holder, Customer and Employees
4. Responsible for driving general efficiency improvements e.g. productivity improvements, Re-engineering (REE) saves and Operating Expense reduction.
5. Developing a culture of continuous improvement and waste elimination. This will include driving the process standardization, re-design and automation agenda across our servicing spectrum to drive faster and more accurate customer outcomes whilst enhancing internal efficiency and productivity
6. Partner with the controls functions to continually maintain and introduce as required, a strong internal controls framework for our servicing operations that ensures adherence to regulatory & compliance standards at all times.
7. Developing and execution of colleague engagement and development plans that provide a differentiated career value proposition towards growth and retention of talent.
Qualifications & Desired Competencies :
1. Demonstrated ability/leadership potential to lead a large scale customer service organization. Relevant leadership experience as a direct people leader in an Operating environment with strong people management and collaboration skills will be an advantage
2. Proven track record of delivering on customer outcomes and strong stakeholder results
3. Strong project management, problem solving & analytical skills
4. Demonstrated ability to drive results by effectively handling multiple demands and competing priorities
5. Value added thought leadership to continually explore and drive innovative process and business improvements
6. Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work and collaborate across all levels.
7. Demonstration of a growth mindset and role modelling of the Organization's (Blue Box) values
8. Strong sense of personal accountability and demonstrated self-starter with ability to work in a dynamic, time-critical environment while managing and inspiring a diverse group
9. Experience in group dynamics and team empowerment including experience of conflict management. Collaborating with colleagues/stakeholders and Business partners across the network
10. A solution-oriented mindset with an aptitude/savviness for new and emerging Digital technologies and their role/application in a customer servicing environment. Experience in working with any Automation tools ( such as but not limited to Robotic Process Automation or Desktop Automation) will be an added advantage
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
- Deliver world-class service experiences for our customers that are aligned to the - Customer First- principle of - Easy, Resolve and Recognize. Achieve specific customer outcomes on defined End to End customer journeys around speed, accuracy and servicing experience.
- Deliver on shared and function specific customer outcome metrics around Case Time resolution (CTR), SLA, Customer First Resolution (CFR) and VoCM (Voice of the customer where applicable). Demonstrable application of best practices via collaboration with Leaders and enabling functions across the Consumer Product organization.
- Deliver on Financial and stakeholder metrics - Opex and Re-engineering saves (REE)
- Drive the Colleague First agenda to attract, grow and develop great Talent
Leadership Outcomes -
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role's agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of the customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders
- Lead with an external perspective, challenging status quo and bring continuous innovation to our servicing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with highest level of integrity
- Lead with a Growth and increasingly relevant Digital mindset to drive customer centric outcomes that help deliver the world's best customer experiences every day
Academic Background/Past Experience:
- MBA or a graduate with 12+ years of experience in leading large service delivery operations
This being an Operations Leadership role:
1. Operations Management - process and people related
2. Understanding of work flow as it relates to case management
3. Operational Productivity and efficiency concepts/practices
4. Appreciation of Consumer product offerings and Servicing
5. Ability to drive actionable insights from MIS and data analysis
1. Understanding/prior experience of GSO - CFN servicing remit and landscape with in GSG
2. Understanding/prior experience of Consumer products, servicing platforms and capabilities - in general, and/or specific to CFN
3. Six Sigma, Lean
4. Project Management - e.g. PMP
6. Practical exposure to RPA, RDA or other automation in a servicing environment
7. Any hands-on experience working with Data Analytical tools
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Customer Care
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.