Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1791 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Director - Operations - Complaint Resolution (5-10 yrs)
Job Description :
The Global Servicing Group is the single largest unit of American Express addressing the servicing needs for Global American Express customers and partners by providing 24 by 7 Relationship Care- . The Complaint Management Center of Excellence plays a critical role in GSG by addressing customer complaints and has a large footprint across multiple markets.
The Complaint Management Center of Excellence teams known as the Global Research Intelligence Team support a wide variety of processes and sensitive activities such as managing highly complex escalations on behalf of senior executives, researching and addressing consumer inquiries submitted through a variety of regulating agencies and reviewing complaints to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and complaint program requirements.
This team also responds to servicing inquiries and complaints which are directed from a number of offices or processes including but are not limited to the Social Media Response Team, Government Affairs, Country Managers, General Counsel's Office, Office of Corporate Secretary, Investor Relations and Corporate Public Affairs, Market Compliance Office and Line of Business Compliance.
The process is responsible for maintaining a mature Complaint resolution process to ensure the proper program requirements are achieved per the governing policies in order to meet internal compliance and external regulatory guidelines.
Reporting to the Vice President of GRIT in the Global Servicing Group, based in Gurgaon, India, the role of Director - IND Complaint Resolution Lead is responsible for leading, inspiring and engaging a team of Executive Complaint Managers and Analysts. It is imperative they display a genuine passion for people, a growth mind-set and a continual pursuit to improve performance, this leader will execute the vision for GRIT in this location and ensure customer, colleague and shareholder needs are met. They must also demonstrate a commitment to excellence and a - business owner- mind-set.
The Director will focus on continuous colleague development, listening to, learning from and empowering their teams. It is also expect that this leader will share and leverage best practices and drive operational efficiencies in support of Relationship Care Principles and Customer First.
Key Responsibilities :
The Director, India Complaint Resolution Lead will ensure a consistent and superior customer experience through the following :
- Provide direct line leadership to the India Complaint Resolution Team with c20-c30 and potential for expanded global leadership in the future
- Engage with a spirit of excellence by leveraging the - Authentic Leadership model and being a Servant Leader
- Foster an - ALL in CULTURE environment of - Relationship Care-, - Process Excellence- and - Growth Mindset- to improve the customer and colleague experience
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on cross-functional teams including Regulatory Strategy, Capabilities and Technologies to ensure business needs and mandatory compliance, legal and employee requirements are met
- Execute the complaint governance framework as established by the Complaint Program Office to enable standardization of process and policy whilst ensuring local compliance requirements are accounted for
- Ensure the strategic approach and delivery is aligned to the guiding principles of the Global Servicing Group
- A respected people leader with an ability to engage and lead large teams, displaying consistent, role model leadership behaviors and allowing their team to be - ALL IN-
- Able to work with significant autonomy without direct supervision and ensure accuracy in all deliverables and in overseeing daily operations with adherence to business requirements and process controls
- Must be able to translate high level objectives into clear deliverables for their team whilst leading and/or supporting multiple projects under tight deadlines and pressure with a transformational approach to efficiency and effectiveness particularly as it relates to Complaints Automation Roadmap
- A highly skilled influencer with demonstrated ability to drive relationships that enable partnership, collaboration toward common goals and leveraging of best practice
- Highly accountable with a strategic mind-set, demonstrating end to end ownership of activity within their remit and able to work across the matrix and lead in a global environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form, to different audiences with varying backgrounds including Card Member escalations. High degree of integrity, comfort with speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns
- A solution oriented thought leader with a focus on cultivating a culture of idea generation, test and learn and appropriate challenging of the status quo
- Proven ability to drive operational performance across large scale teams, ensuring customer satisfaction and management of key metrics
- An ability to synthesize and interrogate data (including financial, customer and colleague performance metrics) to identify trends and inform decision making
- Minimum 5 years of Call Center, Contact Center management or Complaint Management experience
- Competency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA a plus
- Experience working Capabilities on developing automation use cases
- Past work experience in Customer Service, Operational Excellence, Compliance or Audit functions
- Past American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.