Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:881 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Director - Internal Audit - CIA/CPA (8-12 yrs)
Job Description :
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don- t make a difference without it. Don- t live life without it.
This is a Band 40 position.
Job Description :
- Lead a team to execute audit projects in conformance with professional and department standards, budgets and deadlines
- Execute multiple simultaneous audit projects of all sizes and complexity across multiple business areas within and outside of local region, in unfamiliar areas, and for different audit leaders
- Execute integrated audits that consider financial, operational, compliance, and technology risks
- Plan audit projects; make project-level judgments around objectives and scope
- Adapt quickly to unstructured assignments, clarifying objectives and delivering results
- Evaluate control designs; develop and execute audit tests
- Ensure the deployment and optimal utilization of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) on all applicable assignments
- Evaluate results, synthesize audit findings across the project, draft audit reports, and ensure effective and efficient audit execution
- Present audit objectives, scope, and results to very senior members of management, clearly articulating the potential impact of control gaps in a highly professional competent manner
- Utilize automated work papers and other department and company tools in a proficient manner
- Follow-up with management to ensure management action plans are closed effectively and timely
- Coordinate with appropriate control groups and external auditors in planning and executing audit work
- Effectively teach, coach, and develop team members in all aspects of the audit methodology
- Act as coach and mentor to senior and staff auditors
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
- Assume full performance management responsibility for assigned staff
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Eight or more years experience in public accounting, finance, internal audit for financial services/banking industry required
- Knowledge of India financial services/banking regulations
- Experience in dealing with the Indian banking regulators
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent degree or advanced degree in Accounting, or related field is preferred
- Professional certification (CIA, CPA, or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience in application of control theory and professional auditing practices
- Proven ability to lead projects and initiatives that drive performance
- Demonstrated ability to manage people in a way that inspires, develops, and delivers results
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, effective communication, innovation, and excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to client management on control issues and potential solutions to close gaps
- Ability to travel
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.