Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1440 Applications:45 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Delivery Leader - Operational Governance - CA/CPA/CIA (6-8 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
This position is part of the Operational Governance team and will be responsible for managing the Company's Integrated Control Testing programme for processes affecting UK legal entities financial integrity. The incumbent will be required to develop and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and work with them to strengthen financial integrity and control environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform risk assessment of the existing processes & agree on the test plan with stakeholders and process owners to complete the detailed testing so as to comply with HMRC certification requirements for each testing cycle.
- Work with stakeholders & process owners to identify new processes, map & document the end to end controls to mitigate risks and design of test plans.
- Share testing observations with respective VPs of the process teams including agreed management action plans
- Provide strong governance around issue tracking for items that require remediation & provide timely updates to management on a regular basis.
- Highlight significant issues to Senior Leadership as part of monthly governance calls with UK Controllership as well as to SAO
- Own & Lead SAO Governance & make sure compliance to other HMRC requirements
- Influence with authority, including objectively challenging the status quo at a process level as well as evaluate the opportunity to identify synergies between ICET and PRSA framework, where appropriate.
- Builds and leverage relationships across a wide range of cross-functional teams to ensure seamless completion of the testing cycle.
- Lead projects to drive process improvements and support business partners to ensure legal entity control & governance.
- Support Close Governance activities for LACC region
The successful candidate must have:
- Chartered Accountant / CPA / CIA with minimum 6-8 years of post-qualification experience
- Strong Public Accounting, Internal Control & Audit or Operational risk domain along with experience in improving processes both from efficiency and control perspective
- Strong understanding of control testing - must be able to design, document and assess tests of financial process controls, make control recommendations to successfully mitigate process risks.
- Strong understanding of AXP business processes and financial systems
- Results oriented, able to lead and influence without authority, must be flexible and have good work prioritization skill to meet strict deadlines
- Strong team player, and self-motivation with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent Strategic thought leadership to complex scenarios, determine appropriate solution & drive it through to implementation
- Ability to collaborate across geographies in a Matrix structure and deliver on customer expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven people leadership skills
- Good level of proficiency in MS-Office applications
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.