TA Team at American Express
Views:5500 Applications:360 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Company Secretary (6-11 yrs)
Job Description :
- American Express is a global services company and the world- s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests. American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India- s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work - Hall of Fame
- At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We' re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years. A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers. Come join us and realize your potential.
The Position is responsible for performing Corporate Secretarial & LE Governance activities in support of the American Express India Legal Entities which include AEIPL, AESIPL, AEBSIPL and other business as may be required from time to time.
- The Position will report directly to the Company Secretary of American Express (India) Private Limited and will serve in supporting the Corporate Secretarial & LE Governance functions, business management, finance organizations, board, and regulators.
- The position will play an integral role in achieving our goal to protect and assure compliance and integrity of the Corporate Secretarial & LE Governance activities, proactively eliminate controllable risk and exposure to the business, and regularly execute accurate and effective reports and controls.
- Besides providing leadership support in effectively managing corporate secretarial resources, their professional productivity and growth across blue box entities in India, the position will also be responsible for supporting critical business initiatives and providing Corporate Governance decision support as part of a world-class Corporate Secretarial organization.
- Provide leadership support in Effectively managing corporate secretarial resources, their professional productivity and growth. Companys Business restructuring/Expansion plans. Initiatives to enhance Corporate Governance measures across blue box entities in India. Appropriate & Timely information flow to AEIPLs Company Secretary. Ensuring Risk controls for Compliance with Local statutes and integrity of financial & Tax reporting.
- Advising various functions on Corporate Laws & AXPs Corporate Governance Requirements. Identifying and executing critical quality initiatives to continuously improve Corporate Governance processes and add value to the Company.
B. Statutory/Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure appropriate control for Companies Act compliances for Board/General Meetings and maintenance of Minute Books & Statutory Registers. Monitoring quality and change control over Company Law related processes including regulatory reporting and compliance. Implementation & Monitoring of AXP- s Enterprise wide LE Governance matters
- Implementation & Monitoring of AXPs Compliance requirements related to SEC filings & Other Statutory matters, wherever required. Escalation of significant risk matters. Reporting to AXP on specific Corporate Governance & Secretarial matters, wherever required.
C. Liaison & Advisory Liaising and networking with various stakeholders including senior management and Leaders for discharging Corporate Secretarial matters. Provide internal consultancy to various functions on Corporate Law related matters including awareness sessions on AXP- s Corporate Governance requirements.
- Ensure Board Training Materials are up to date and discussions happen with the Board as per internal/external mandate.
Qualifications Required /Skills/Qualifications:
- Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India having a minimum of 6 years of handling Company Secretarial matters and should have occupied position of Company Secretary in a multinational company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in particular the ability to explain complex corporate governance matters clearly and concisely to non-specialists and the presence to gain credibility with senior and demanding colleagues.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively in diverse multi/cross-cultural environment. Maintains serenity, resilience and clear thinking through stressful, confrontational and fast-changing situations.
- Sees connections and wider implications for Blue Box of individual line-of-business strategies and activities.
- Thinks quickly and decisively and/or wins time for appropriate analysis, rigor and reflection, as circumstances may require.
- Most importantly a positive attitude / mindset will to win and a team player.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail
- Able to challenge status quo & effectively communicate to leadership, auditors and regulators
- Exposure to working in a matrix environment
- Ability to work in and handle complex ambiguous situations
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.