Talent Acquisition at American Express
Views:3349 Applications:833 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Business Analyst/Assistant Manager - Risk Management (0-2 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don- t make a difference without it.
Don- t live life without it.
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business, and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business. A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
Purpose of the role:
GMS Insights and Analytics team sits within the EDA organization but supports GMS for their advanced analytics needs, partners with GMS Sales Consultants to scope and execute high quality innovative custom consulting engagements. Depending on customer need, the project can vary in size and complexity. This role is responsible for end to end execution of the project engagement from problem definition, data analysis/interpretation to develop the storyline with the insights/recommendations. The team aims to provide best in class analytics to support key GMS priorities by focusing on:
- Marketing targeting and segmentation of Small Merchants
- Creation of marketing triggers for small merchants
- Delivery and innovation on the Business Insights product for the large merchants
- Portfolio analysis, insights and reporting for large merchants
- Analysis and insights from marketing to AXP merchants
- Creation of analytics capabilities to support above business priorities
- Development of automation capabilities to deliver merchant analytics at scale
- Work in partnership with US Merchant Marketing team to develop and analytically support merchant segmentation for both early engagement and loyalty for merchants
- Work closely with the merchant marketing team to ensure the execution of the marketing efforts is as per expectation
- Work closely with the US Small Merchant Business Development and US Merchant Marketing to track and generate insights for merchant marketing campaigns and develop ways to incorporate insights into future campaigns
- Enhance and continue to deliver on initiatives to support the CCLM/ CMT portfolio by providing more actionable insights and reporting to the teams speaking to the merchants
- Use automation to enable various team initiatives to be more scalable
Critical Factors to success:
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and measurement
- Ability to identify analytical capabilities and platforms to help automate / scale business and work with technology partners on the implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver work within a deadline-driven climate
- Team player with demonstrated ability in collaborating across the organization
- Self-starter with the ability to drive results. High-energy and proactive with the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience in leveraging Machine Learning (i.e. KNN, Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest etc.) is a plus
- Effective in written and verbal communication with partners located globally
Past Experience :
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in analytics domain
- Experience in the merchant/ commercial business
- Prior experience of SAS coding in a business environment (standard SAS/SQL functions). And/or experience in Hive or Python
Academic Background :
- Master Degree in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science or related fields.
- Analytics & Insights & Targeting
a) R, Python, SAS, SQL, Hive, PySpark
b) Advanced Statistical Techniques
- Visual Basic Applications
- Advanced Excel
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors :
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put EnterpriseThinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way:
- Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively,Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage