Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1900 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Assistant Manager - GMS Data Science - Enterprise Digital & Analytics Team (6-7 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
This position will be part of a fast-paced & innovative team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA). This role is an integral part of EDA and supports GMS Data Sciences and help build foundational data capabilities to be used across an enterprise by enabling the development of new algorithms leveraging machine learning techniques. The team applies rigorous, solution-oriented analysis and machine learning techniques to help Business Units serve the customer better by helping identify prospect merchants for AXP, identify total digital spend at Amex network and provide targeting solutions for AXP merchants.
American Express unique core asset is our industry-leading global database of customer demographics and detailed spend behavior from the American Express network of over 90 million cards conducting over 4 billion transactions annually in over 130 countries worldwide.
- Play a pivotal role to develop targeting solutions for GMS
- Developing solutions especially leveraging unstructured text data
- Lead new initiatives, prepare project plans and other supporting information and provide project status
- Manage customer expectations including scope, schedule, changes, and problem resolution
- Depending on business priorities, the projects will vary in size and complexity.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to think through all aspects of complex business requirements and generate possible courses of action
- Proficiency & experience in econometric, statistical and machine learning techniques to develop best in class algorithms
- Must possess excellent analytical, relationship management and strong personal presence
- Proficient in Hive programming, working knowledge of hadoop architecture & analytical tools
- Proficiency in Java/Python will be an added advantage
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to pro-actively and independently drive results
- Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative fields from a top tier institute
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.