Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1560 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Analyst - Risk Management II - Global Merchant Services (3-4 yrs)
Job Description :
This is a Band 30 role
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Job Description :
- The Analytic Delivery Process Manager would support Global Strategy and Capabilities organization within GMS (Global Merchant Services) business of American Express.
- The individual Contributor would be a part of GMS-COE (Centre of Excellence) covering Marketing & Sales Support and Analytics for the GMS business.
The Individual contributor would be responsible for various activities among the following :
- Merchant Performance Analysis (growth, satisfaction, coverage, etc)
- Bundled analytic solutions (Statistical Analysis : Forecasting, Modeling, Optimization techniques)
- Develop quantitative and qualitative business insights and improve decision-making
- Gathering, analyzing, developing and reporting data (e.g., Card members, pre/post campaign analysis, operational, etc.), Key performance indicators
The job uses a broad set of analytical tools/techniques for data cleansing, data extraction, analysis & transformation, data interpretation & insights, and turn-key bundled analytic & reporting solutions.
The role would involve working with other functional teams to access data elements, understand data being analyzed, and identify process improvement opportunities. Database work can be part of larger strategic projects and processes so ability to meet deadlines is critical.
This job involves proficiency in the usage of SAS Enterprise Guide (SAS EG), Advanced SAS and basic understanding of relational database concepts (RDBMS) & SQL.
Important to note, the business problems are typically unstructured and involve generating insights and analytics through creative thinking and various analytical techniques.
Key Requirements :
- Independently working with regional partners/customers to deliver on custom value analytics & actionable insights
- Utilize broad set of analytical tools/techniques for data mining, data cleansing, data extraction, analysis & transformation, data interpretation & insights, turn-key bundled analytic & reporting solutions.
- Extensive usage of SAS Enterprise Guide (SAS EG), Macros & Advanced SAS
- Data Interpretation & Turn-key Analytic Solutions (Product Development)
- Statistical Analysis (Forecasting, Modeling, Optimization techniques)
- Experience consulting with business owners and recommending appropriate solutions based on clear understanding of business needs
- Work on various In house reporting tools to pull standard & custom reports
- Identify and recommend process improvements based on results of analytics work
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Analytical focus (e.g. Finance, Statistics, Math, Accounting or Economics) and/or Engineering
- 3-4 years of experience in Marketing analytics domain
- Strong experience in analytical ability including statistical analysis for unstructured business solutions
- Familiarity with Tableau , VBA programming experience is highly desired
- Strong Customer manager experience. Ability to prioritize and deliver quality work within a deadline-driven climate.
- Strong experience in creating presentation decks and presenting findings effectively
- Proficiency in the usage of SAS Enterprise Guide (SAS EG), Advanced SAS and strong understanding of relational database concepts (RDBMS) & SQL.
- Advanced Excel skills, such as use of pivot tables, thorough knowledge of Excel functions, visual formatting techniques for user-friendly worksheet deliverables
- Payments or financial services industry experience is a plus
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.