Talent Acquisition at American Express
Views:2926 Applications:237 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Analyst - Product Development - CFR Team (2-4 yrs)
Job Description :
Function Description :
- The CFR team helps drive profitable business growth by reducing the risk of fraud and maintaining our customers' confidence in the security of our products. It utilizes an array of tools and ever-evolving technology to detect and combat fraud, minimize the disruption of good spending and provide a world-class customer experience.
- The team leads efforts that leverage data and digital advancements to improve service and risk management as well as enable commerce and drive innovation. CFR is responsible for developing and monitoring statistical models for predicting individual and commercial' behaviors such as credit risk, fraud risk, spending and revolve.
These models are used for key business decisions made across the customer life cycle to manage risk and rudently take and manage risk in a viable way
Purpose of the Role :
- Partner with Risk colleagues to develop world class Business Intelligence Capabilities with in MIS Team.
The responsibilities includes but not limited to :
- Research and document best practices and standards for using Database tools and Big Data solutions.
- Support business analysts in determining needs and solutions.
- Good data analysis, application troubleshooting and communication skills are a must.
- Understanding of Cornerstone and Big Data environments will be helpful.
- Ability to translate Business Requirements into Technical Solutions
- Has good conceptual knowledge of systems analysis and design methodologies.
- Good SSAS Knowledge with experience in creating and maintaining cubes
- Exemplary communication and problem solving skills to drive results and deliver on the goals.
Critical Factors to Success :
Business Outcomes :
- Maintain and deliver the best-in-class Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for Risk within CFR Blue light platform.
- Research, analysis, development and support of reporting and analytical solutions using SQL Server, SSAS and Big Data Environment.
- Drive capabilities innovation & resultant business growth by applying existing & emerging technologies to deliver against customer goals
Leadership Outcomes :
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role's agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers,partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Computer Science or related streams
Past Experience : 2-4 years relevant experience Preferred
Academic Background :
- Very good knowledge of SQL is desired.
- Candidate should be able to write complex SQL queries, SQL Procedures and do performance tuning for the same.
- Very Good understanding of Big Data Environment and Hadoop and Hive
Technical Skills/Capabilities :
- Hive / Spark/ Python
- Strong SQL skills
Knowledge of Platforms :
- Amex Data Systems
- Cornerstone/ Teradata warehouse/CAS / GAM/GNA / GCAP
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities :
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values,
Great Leadership Demands Courage
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Digital Commerce
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.