HR at American Express
Views:3721 Applications:596 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
American Express - Analyst - Product Development (1-4 yrs)
"I began working at American Express in 2007 through a campus recruitment program. I now lead a team managing business intelligence tools and platforms, creating data capabilities and insights for measuring the performance of acquisition channels, marketing campaigns, cobrand products & Digital experience channels. It’s been exciting and rewarding!"
Vice President, Enterprise Business Intelligence Engineering
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Credit and Fraud Risk Capability" team is a new "tech startup" within the Credit and Fraud Risk Management organization at American Express - created with the mission of building the next generation of Credit and Fraud Risk management systems, designed for long-term adaptability to keep pace with emerging technologies and a dynamic competitive landscape.
Purpose of the Role:
This is a commercial data steward position responsible for managing both Account and Customer data. The analyst will play a central role in owning the data in Cornerstone for global credit risk spanning across all markets for consumer portfolio which includes both CPS and OPEN/SBS.
- End to end ownership of all Credit Risk (consumer) data across platforms and processes
- Ingestion of SOR data of all Credit Risk (consumer) data sources
- Develop and Maintain Organized Data Layers to cater for both Production use cases and Analytics
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across Decision Sciences and Credit Risk Management to design innovative solutions, capture requirements and drive a common future vision.
- Partner closely with Strategy and Modeling teams in building incremental intelligence, with strong emphasis on maintaining globalization and standardization of attribute calculations across portfolios.
- Define and manage Data quality control measures for Consumer Risk ODLs.
- Co-ordinate with cross functional business groups in driving Customer Management ODLs development.
- Partner with Tech teams in designing and building next generation data quality controls.
- Transformation of critical data process on the POD platforms to Cornerstone and integrate them in to Risk Organized Layers.
- Partner with the IDN and AET in driving the implementation of new capabilities and enhancing the existing processes Critical.
- Develop, enhance and maintain risk capabilities for business intelligence & automated data quality by enhancing modelling and credit bureau capabilities across customer life cycle
- Drive capabilities innovation & resultant business growth by applying existing & emerging technologies to deliver against customer goals
- Lead the development of Cornerstone implementation by being the data steward for centralized data definitions providing the next generation of data warehouse for the company.
- Minimum of Master's/Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or another related field of study.
- 1 - 4 years of relevant experience
- Deep expertise in consumer and commercial risk management encompassing knowledge of data, processes and systems
- Ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive change
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and design industry leading solutions
- Expertise in Big Data, Hive, SQL and Agile development.
- Good programming skills - Java, Python, Spark and Hadoop with a minimum one year of work experience
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Big Data
- Amex Database - Cornerstone, IDN, GAM, CAS
Behavioral Skills/Capabilities: Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
- American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.