Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:1743 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Analyst/Assistant Manager - GMS Insights & Analytics (1-4 yrs)
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We- ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they- re ready to take on a new career path, we- re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
This opportunity is within the fast-growing American Express GMS Insights & Analytics team which is a part of a high-energy, entrepreneurial team. We are responsible for developing new business opportunities, launching new products and services, expanding product distribution to support merchant value and drive fee-based revenue growth. Also, we closely partner with Small Merchants Analytics team in the US and provides analytical services for OptBlue programs and to our partners.
We offer powerful data and actionable insights to attract new businesses to engage with Amex, help existing businesses improve performance and capitalize on new opportunities. Our world-class analytics team applies rigorous solution-oriented analysis and modeling techniques to help businesses attract and retain customers, understand market trends, track and diagnose market share changes and improve advertising and marketing effectiveness.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide analytical support to the business in order to attract and retain customers, understand market trends, track market share changes and improve marketing effectiveness.
Independently working with regional partners/customers to deliver on customer value analytics & actionable insights.
- Independently working with regional partners/customers to deliver on customer value analytics & actionable insights
- Utilize broad set of analytical tools/techniques for data mining, data cleansing, data extraction, analysis & transformation, data interpretation & insights, turn-key bundled analytic & reporting solutions.
- Experience consulting with business owners and recommending appropriate solutions based on a clear understanding of business needs
- Work on various In house reporting tools to pull standard & custom reports
- Identify and recommend process improvements based on results of analytics work
- Enhancing the data analytical and capabilities infrastructure
Critical Factors to Success:
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and measurement
- Ability to drive business insights from the data and provide actionable steps.
- Effective in written and verbal communication with partners located globally.
- 1+ year experience
- Bachelor's in Information Technology/Computer Science/Engineering; Masters preferred
- Analytics experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with VBA to build automated reports is preferred.
- Experience in R/Python is a plus
- Experience in Big Data techniques(i.e. KNN, Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest etc) is a plus
SAS coding in a business environment(standard SAS/SQL functions, monitoring jobs, reviewing log files, macros)
Knowledge of Platforms:
- SAS, Hive, Pyspark, Cornerstone, Tableau, Hadoop is a plus
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Technology
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.