Recruitment Team at American Express
Views:851 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
American Express - Account Analyst - Balance Sheet Reconciliations (2-4 yrs)
Why American Express?
American Express is a global services company and the world's largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide combined with our leading-edge marketing, information management, and rewards capabilities enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for a 9th consecutive year has been voted among India's top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work Hall of Fame.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We're widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Account Analyst, AXP Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Controllership, Global Finance
Purpose of the Role:
Lead AXP Balance Sheet Reconciliation Rewards Research and Clearance, sustain enterprise-wide Balance Sheet health while remaining focused on efficiency and sustaining financial integrity for the company
- Ensure Financial Integrity at all times and proactively identifying risks
- Responsible for leading Research and Clearance process in Balance Sheet Reconciliation team
- Preparation, Research & Clearance, Compliance, Governance and Analytics
- Collaborate with key stakeholders Account Owners, Process SMEs, Rec Analyst, Business and Technology
- Assume leadership responsibility for ensuring financial integrity through collaboration and influencing stakeholders
- Should have a quick understanding of business drivers and linkage to accounting
- Should be agile and respond to emerging business needs
- Strong control mindset
- Familiar with accounting policy and control
- Transformation mindset should be able to ideate and bring ideas to fruition
- Lead a team of Research and Clearance analysts
Critical Factors to Success:
- Oracle GL & SL
- Front end system - Globe star, etc.
- Advanced MS Office
- FIS Intellimatch - Reconciliation system
- OBIEE, Essbase
2-4 years of past experience:
- Knowledge of IRIS/Oracle/ERP & card business model & economics
- Driving Global automation Projects
- Front-end Amex system
People leader experience preffered
- CA/CPA/ MBA with 1-3 years of experience
- Post Graduate in commerce with 4-5 years of experience
- Basic understanding of reporting and AMEX processes
- Understanding of operational, SOX & other related control framework compliance
- Ability to research & embed relevant best practices
- Project management
- Analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause-effect analysis
- Knowledge of financial systems Preferred
- Basic understanding of Rewards process and accounting flow
Job type- Permanent
Industry Type - Finance
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.