Recruiter at Amazon
Views:2180 Applications:646 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:61
Amazon - Training Manager - Logistics/Distribution/Operations (5-15 yrs)
At Amazon, our mission is to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our team as a Training Manager for the Last Mile training team.
The Training Manager will be an active member of the Learning Team and will lead the coordination and execution of employee training and Ops leadership onboarding/development activities. Learning team is responsible for fulfilling learning requirements of new hires in each Last Mile Delivery station, conducting training on new programs/updates as well as refresher training.
Candidates will have to demonstrate a true hands-on approach, an understanding of instructional design practices, a data-driven, analytical mindset and knowledge of Logistics/distribution operations. Ability to influence without authority and effective presentation & persuasion skills are a must for this role.
Training Manager Responsibilities include:
- Completing new hire training for associates from all channels and ensure learning resources are available at stations.
- To ensure trained delivery station POCs- LA/LGs (Learning Ambassador and Learning Guru) are available at all stations and are certified regularly through minimum skills verification.
- To ensure completion of new products/process launch trainings and refresher trainings for all stations/channels periodically.
- Lead a team of trainer/s including their deployment, development and productivity.
- Act as a proactive and productive liaison/partner with internal customers and the LM team by consistently seeking to make a positive impact on key business safety, quality, productivity and customer experience metrics
- Partner with operations leaders across all areas of Last Mile to identify training needs and schedule training events
- Ensure network standard training programs are implemented and consistently utilized as required in the LM stations
- Manage and customize training content to meet station wise needs and track compliance to these training materials
- Analyze and understand data to suggest improvements for training and operations
- Implement network standard training programs for associates, managers, trainers and others (i.e., participating in and conducting needs analysis, skills development classes, cross-training, manager technical training, etc.)
- Drive a continuous improvement culture by coordinating and facilitating Continuous Improvement Essentials activities in partnership with operations leaders
- Conduct learning health check of last mile delivery stations in training perspective to measure the training effectiveness.
- Drive network level projects end to end from defining the scope till final delivery & closure with timely communication & visibility on deliverables, process & status to leadership
- Conducting leadership training on processes and supporting AEW/OEW at stations.
- Experience in coaching and delivering messages related to performance
- Experience in data analytics and interpreting data using advanced Excel strategies
- Proficiency in creating learning content and driving learning through Learning Management System
- Proficiency in tools associated with content development
- Evidence of ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines
- Experience working with and delivering training/information to peers, hourly associates as well as exempt personnel
- Masters Degree in related field
- Resume that shows steady progression in Training/Learning Management for the last 5+ years in a manufacturing/production/distribution/transportation and logistics leadership role
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced, yet ambiguous, environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Desire to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment Previous Kaizen/Continuous Improvement experience