Recruiter at Amazon Development Center India
Views:2253 Applications:736 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:78
Amazon - Training Manager - Global Onboarding (10-20 yrs)
Training Manager - Global Onboarding
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses, including retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers. Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company.
Compliance Operations (C-Ops) is part of Product Assurance, Risk, and Security organization (PARS) within Amazon. C-Ops ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate with aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product while storage and transport and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes.
We are C-Ops Training team and our mission is to improve the quality of performance for Compliance Operations Associates through high quality and comprehensive learning programs targeting onboarding and improvement throughout the employee training lifecycle. We are searching for a Training Manager - Global Onboarding with global experience managing learning delivery for new associate's onboarding process training across virtual, in-person, and self-serve modalities. This position will be responsible for incorporating key principles of adult education to effectively design and implement consistent training programs and materials aligning with the organizational vision and core values. This position will participate in strategic decision making for our training organization, communicating with stakeholders, and driving results through their teams.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Create a learning and development strategy, vision, and action plan to implement dynamic learning systems contributing to the success of the organization.
- Drive Programs to influence our learner's key performance indicators (KPI) during onboarding training and on the job training duration (OJT).
- Partner with stakeholders to target and implement program improvements for new hire onboarding and tenured associate cross skill building.
- Design and implement effective training initiatives and processes to close the knowledge and performance gaps during OJT.
- Work globally with our Ops leaders to define targeted training strategies across sites.
Basic Job Duties :
- Plan, direct, and coordinate learning objectives and instructional strategies; including developing the best methodologies for training delivery.
- Develop the infrastructure for all training and development programs by establishing standardized methods and procedures for delivery, evaluation, measurement and reporting.
- Design performance improvement strategies and meet the KPIs for new associates during training.
- Provide oversight on the mandated compliance training programs to ensure that the programs are developed in coordination with established standards and are properly tracked within employee profiles.
- Evaluate and monitor the development and effectiveness of these programs.
- Develop standardized adult learning principles and programs for targeted audiences.
- Select and monitor internal trainers (SMEs) to deliver consistent training programs and services.
Provide guidance regarding training and development practices, policies, and procedures to operations leadership.
Basic Qualifications :
- Must have 8-10 years direct people management experience.
- Must 5+ years project leadership skills
- Ability to assess and track training effectiveness through the use of metrics
- Managed training teams or delivery across global organizations in large corporation.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Must have influencing skills and the ability to lead a functional organization without direct authority
- MS in Education or Human Resource management or training related field
- Demonstrated experience in performance reporting and leadership development/ coaching
- Demonstrated experience dotted line reporting to Ops organization to deliver training requirements
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation