Recruiter at Amazon
Views:915 Applications:241 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:123
Amazon - Training Content Manager - Last Mile - India Operations (10-20 yrs)
Training Content Manager - Last Mile - India Operations
Would you like to join a dynamic Amazon team that is focused on delivering critical content to Amazon's Last mile team?
- This team is currently looking for a strong manager with experience in content strategy and new ways to deliver content to users to improve the customer experience.
- The successful candidate will manage a team of technical writers.
- This includes regular meetings with direct reports and the global team /business stakeholders, resource planning/allocation, delivering programmatic goals, and manage the team's performance. Additionally, the candidate would also be expected to drive content related programs from conception to delivery working in collaboration with stakeholders globally.
- This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, creativity and project management skills. The candidate must be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail, capable of diving deep, and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Great interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication, time management, ability to multi-task efficiently, and openness to change are required. Demonstrated affinity for technology and a background in technical writing, editing, and information design would be a plus. A passion for communicating effectively and a healthy sense of humor are essential to the role.
- You must be used to dealing with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders, and have a proactive approach to problem solving. You will have experience digging into data to discover pain points and developing broad content strategy that solves those problems, creating a best in class user experience. And you should have deep expertise in creating standards, tooling solutions, and visions for content portfolios and systems.
Basic qualifications :
Previous experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 10 years as Team Manager/Lead of a technical writing or documentation team.
- Minimum 6-8 years in technical/content/business writing and editing.
- Proven leader who has a demonstrated track record of managing and documentation/content team and on-time delivery of projects.
- Leadership/project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional discussions and to effectively scope and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience with HTML, XML, DITA, and content management systems (CMS).
- Experience working in an Agile content development environment.
- Ability to understand complex applications and system concepts..
- Passionate about data, discovering new trends, and driving actions through insights.
- Experience working as part of a global team supporting multiple languages.
- Experience in a multi-language publishing environment, including translation memories, terminology databases.
- Experience creating content for translation and localization.
- Experience in editorial/peer review.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Preferred qualifications :
- Have content management experience with the ability to drive execution of a broad content portfolio from planning through post-launch measurement.
- Develop and evangelize strategies to improve content quality, maintainability, and usability and get agreement from stakeholders to execute against these strategies
- Identify, promote, and implement strategies to improve content development workflow and team efficiency
- Build and leverage strong relationships with multiple stakeholders to deliver complex, global projects - Demonstrable people management skills incl. i.e., performance management, coaching, resource management, employee development, across a range of functional skills