Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:3248 Applications:323 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Amazon - Specialist - Learning & Development (3-6 yrs)
The TRON team is an initiative which partners with the Amazon Robotics team to remotely handle exceptions in the Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers in North America. The TRON technology enables the human supervisory control of automated tasks. In the TRON system, a remote associate provides supervisory control when automated tasks fail for any reason. This allows us to avoid falling into the 90/10 trap where a task can be 90% automated but requires 90% of the time for the last 10% of functionality. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
- We are looking for a Program Manager in Learning and Development space who is a skilled, motivated and customer obsessed L&D specialist with a history of high performance and creativity to support our functional and skill development training programs.
- The L&D Program Manager will assess challenges and build performance solutions, lead the development of training best practices and standards, enable solution implementation across the business unit, and drive execution of solutions.
- The L&D Program Manager will be responsible for driving adoption of learning best practices with a particular focus on creating agile and scalable learning solutions. This role will work with multiple stakeholders to develop consistent material for base-level knowledge relevant to the entire organization, but also create content tailored to specific roles and levels.
- Reporting into the Learning and Development Manager, this role requires an individual to have a passion for learning and development with a proactive self-starting attitude. They should have a detailed level of knowledge and experience of all the elements of the training cycle, have the ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency, and have exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
The individual in this position will provide high-level program facilitation and administrative management for managing and running L&D programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and delivery of learning programs; partnering with instructional design to build or adapt programs
- Develop and execute a learning evaluation strategy and plan which includes all four levels of the Kirkpatrick model; Learner Reaction, Knowledge Acquisition, Behavior Change, and Business Impact/Results
- Collaborate with business leaders at all levels to build and manage a variety of learning and development programs and offerings
- Develop and experiment with new learning solutions and creating intellectual property that advances the impact for learners; developing programmatic solutions with multiple connection points across offerings
- Communicate and guide access to programs; ensures key stakeholder understanding of the investment and impact of learning programs
- Be comfortable with hands-on scheduling of meetings and events
- Evaluate, measure, and report on strategic effectiveness and ROI for overall program efforts
- Ensure high quality, consistent and innovative approaches for delivering programs in a rapidly growing and changing organization.
- Bachelor's degree or significant college course work, in communication, education or related field
- 3+ years experience in management of learning and training programs
- Strong communications and presentation skills - you need to be able to Earn Trust and inspire large groups of individuals to strive for excellence and raise the bar
- Basic understanding of project management - A strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Intermediate-Advanced proficiency with MS Office packages. - Courageous and willing to stand up for their ideas
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Learning/training certification in eLearning
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash
- Results oriented with a track record of on-time delivery with global stakeholders
- Has effectively managed through ambiguity to achieve a desired outcome
- Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction