Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:3149 Applications:787 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Amazon - Senior Project Manager - HR - APAC Region (10-14 yrs)
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us make history, here's your chance to accelerate our growth and ability to serve our customers on the Employee Services Expansions Team.
About the team
This team is a centralized Human Resources (HR) project and program management team which seeks to enable Amazon's strategic growth through HR work streams of expansion projects. The team performs work in various programs and projects some of which include new country (NCX) and in-country (ICX) expansions. We work with various stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization as well as customers in order to deliver on this work.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate can work in a fast-paced, global environment, able to read ambiguous situations quickly, is energized by working on high-profile projects, and is comfortable influencing across a wide range of HR and business professionals across all levels. They possess a hybrid program/project management background, paired with relevant HR Generalist and/or Specialist experience. The ideal candidate has a passion for business growth, process and operational improvement, is customer obsessed, exhibits strong ownership, and quickly earns stakeholder trust. Additionally, they index high on the ability to dive deep, deliver results, and have a strong bias for action.
This role will have regional scope, supporting all Amazon business lines as well as growth across all countries in the APAC region. The focus will be on large and complex expansion projects as well as new strategic expansion delivery. The Senior HR PM will own the delivery of employee life-cycle services implementation, accountable for defining and launching new services to support employees in APAC region. They will work across multiple resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to get things done. The individual will at all times be driving to the desired end state (a fully integrated and tiered HR Shared Services model) and ensuring the voice of the customer is reflected in everything that we do. This individual will build and maintain successful partnerships with the ES Lifecycle team, HR stakeholders and key business sponsors across the APAC region and global Employee Services. They will work with and establish project teams and ensure that all agreed projects are progressing and delivering desired results on time and in budget, to include: process improvements, HR shared services, HR systems and delivery capability. As required, the Senior HR PM will maintain relationships with internal/external vendors/parties to ensure teams are engaged and effectively utilizing the best tools available. The Sr PM reports on project progress and status consistently and in a transparent way. They will effectively manage multiple priorities and projects of different complexity levels. The Sr HR PM will assess new initiatives and projects to evaluate how they can support the strategic goals of Employee Services and its growth. The role requires the ability to grow and maintain key relationships with HR partners to ensure non duplication of projects and to drive global engagement on key initiatives. They will also contribute to process improvement initiatives as appropriate for their senior level, and support deployment of tools and processes to support expansion needs. At times there may be a need to work on projects for other geographic locations outside of the APAC region.
- 6+ years experience of relevant HR project/program management experience.
- Bachelors Degree
- Expertise in leading large-scale (global or regional) project management of complex expansion projects, related to new geographies and/or businesses.
- Possesses working knowledge of employment laws and market practice within regional geographies, partners effectively with relevant stakeholders to incorporate local practice into project plans.
- Demonstrates Customer Obsession: Possesses strong business acumen and drives expansion project management with customer interests as focal point.
- Proficiency in project planning methodologies, tools, and leading change through data-driven solutions.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and discretion through ambiguous phases of expansion project development.
- Proven ability to influence and drive results laterally and remotely through HR and cross-functional colleagues. Ability to influence effectively with Regional-level partners and leaders of specialist central function teams (eg Compensation + Benefits, Payroll, HR Services, etc).
- Possesses excellent communications skills: exemplifies Amazons leadership principles effectively internally and externally to new business partners, vendors and the community.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Demonstrates humility and openness to multiple perspectives in leading project decision making.
- Ability to travel up to 10% - regional and some international travel may be required.
- HR shared services experience
- A formal qualification in project management (such as PMP or PgMP)
- Graduate business/HR degree preferred.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.