Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:3635 Applications:607 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Amazon - Senior Program Manager - Student Internships (6-12 yrs)
Student Programs (SP) :
- Amazon hires thousands of students around the world each year, and this talent is critical to achieving Amazon's mission of being earth's most customer-centric company. The Global Student Programs (SP) team's mission is to attract, hire, and integrate student talent from all backgrounds to build the future of Amazon's global workforce. We are responsible for finding diverse, bar-raising students, delivering a frustration-free candidate experience, and ultimately connecting talent to the most in-demand opportunities at Amazon.
- Sr. Program Manager, Internships will develop and enhance Amazon's internship program for all student hires across APAC region in a scalable manner.
- The incumbent will be responsible for leading, owning, planning, strategizing and executing everything the internship function does across the region by partnering closely with various stakeholders including hiring managers, business leaders, recruiters, recruiting managers as well as peers from other regions. This person will also own and identify a number of new initiatives with broad cross-organizational, cross-regional, or significant business impact. These could include deep-dives on particular program areas, as well as identifying new opportunities. This role will involve delivering a consistent experience to each intern regardless of their team, role, duration and country.
- The right candidate will possess a hybrid program/project management background with demonstrated experience leading simultaneous initiatives as well as extensive experience across the breadth of program management work streams. Our team works in a fast-paced, global environment and someone who thrives working on complex projects and is comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders across all levels would be well-suited for this role.
This role will require travel, often on short notice (frequency will vary).
- Define structured on-boarding and off-boarding plans for interns
- Build conversion processes for interns leading to healthy pipeline for fulltime offers
- Build project plans, mechanisms to operate and audit programs across multiple tracks, business segments and locales
- Independently manage complex programs from concept through pilot and full implementation
- Structure approaches to solving complex operational problems and develop key hypotheses
- Drive and manage detailed data analysis to shape and scope solutions; ability to partner with and influence teams and stakeholders at a global level
- Be willing to "roll up sleeves" and operate with limited guidance and in ambiguous situations
- Set metrics and monitor the effectiveness of ongoing strategies; recommend and implement changes as required.
Basic Qualifications :
- MBA with 5-8 years of experience in program or product management at a global corporate entity
- Experience measuring program impact against pre-defined success metrics
- Proven ability to employ data-driven and transparent decision making processes
- Experience writing narratives and presenting to senior business leaders
- Experience in driving scalable programs end-to-end with proven ability to identify and drive continuous improvement.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proficiency in project planning methodologies and tools, ability to scale tools to automated solutions (e.g. project management tools with automated dependency management)
- Bias for action, excellent attention to detail and relentless commitment to follow-through
- Prior experience of working with teams across APAC region
- Prior experience of talent acquisition domain