Recruiter at Amazon
Views:6920 Applications:1751 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Amazon - Senior Program Manager - S&OP (6-13 yrs)
- Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
- The Supply Chain Execution team at Amazon, India is looking for an experienced S&OP Program Manager with a strong delivery record and leadership experience to own and manage strategic, cross-functional operations and business initiatives. S&OP acts as bridge between business and operations teams and is responsible for seamless business planning and execution during peak and off peak periods while maximizing customer/seller/vendor experience.
- This role involves driving critical decisions with cross functional teams and senior leadership and demands strong program management skills along-with an ability to drive data driven discussions.
- An S&OP manager is a highly visible and critical role in Amazon from driving ownership, earning trust of stakeholders to delivering results. This position involves regular communication with Operation Teams, senior management, Tech teams, and project sponsors on status, risks and change control. An S&OP manager focuses on deep diving forecasting performance to build a robust output, by keeping plans, feedback and goals aligned between all the above mentioned stakeholders.
- This role will oversee the ownership, coordination and administration of all aspects of an on-going program including volume and capacity forecasting and execution, software designing and driving process improvements across various stakeholder
- The candidate is expected to have exceptional analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills along with preferred experience in Forecasting, Sales & Operations Planning and Inventory management. You know and love working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and enthusiastic about partnering with the business to deliver results. You would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Set up robust processes to drive forecasting accuracy with an objective to minimize cost and maximize customer experience
- Lead daily, weekly and monthly S&OP cycles with operational stakeholders.
- Provide actionable insights into current delivery performance and improvements avenues.
- Support the business growth in constrained environments with frugal and innovative solutions
- Make the existing processes scalable by identifying and implementing available tools/automation
- Rollout best practices from other geographies and standardization of tools and processes to minimize end to end supply chain losses
- Utilize exceptional problem-solving and communication skills to influence business, operations and technical audiences
- Program manage and drive decision making across cross functional teams and senior leadership
Basic Qualifications :
1. Completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply chain Logistics, or similar field from an accredited university
2. 5-8 years relevant work experience in a top tier company driving programs or projects
3. Candidate must have basic Supply Chain and Planning knowledge through work experience or coursework
4. Analytical and be able to justify decisions and approaches with data
5. Basic understanding in SQL, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and basic programming skills
6. Highly proficient in written and oral communications; able to produce concise, relevant, strategically-driven documents and presentations to leaders.
Preferred Qualifications :
1. Completed Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
2. Able to deal with a high degree of ambiguity
3. Able to take a complex problem and break it down to smaller digestible chunks
4. Able to define a logical and step by step approach to achieving a lofty goal
5. Comfortable with processes and process design/analysis
6. Operations Management experience in manufacturing, production or distribution environment is a plus
7. Have the ability to influence without authority and do so by using data and facts