Senior Recruiter at Amazon
Views:2619 Applications:664 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
Amazon - Senior Program Manager - Selling Partner Trust & Risk (8-16 yrs)
Senior Program Manager - STAR (8-16 yrs)
- We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world. We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About the Role :
- We are hiring for a seasoned leader for a team of 200+ people that owns critical audits and initiatives for Amazon's Selling Partner Trust and Risk (STAR) Operations, Registrations and Compliance Operations (RCO) and Buyer Risk Prevention (BRP) teams within the WW Customer Trust and Partner Support organization.
- The mission of this team is to protect Customer trust on Amazon's stores WW by conducting statistically significant audits on a wide spectrum of automated and manual decisions that our systems and investigators take on our Selling Partners and Buyers. These audits benchmark and measure the decision accuracy of our systems and processes and serve as important yardstick for the Customer/Seller experience. The team also owns root-causing defects/gaps identified in the audits and generating actionable insights/recommendations to address those.
- This role will lead a global team of talented professionals across 4 sites (Bangalore, Hyderabad, Barcelona and Cork) and will be responsible for hiring, talent development, training, strategy and execution of the team's goals. He/she will have a unique opportunity to closely partner with senior leaders and product, science, technology and operations teams across the organization driving programs that are critical to protecting our Buyers and genuine Sellers from bad actors. He/she will also play a critical role in influencing and shaping organization's strategy and product roadmap.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Set the team's vision, mission and execution frameworks
2. Be a thought leader on Selling Partner and Buyer Risk/Trust and a key influencer for the organization's strategy and direction
3. Build relationships with product, science, program, technology and operations teams across multiple orgs in Seattle and India
4. Collaborate with WW teams to onboard new programs, define SOPs, goals and success metrics
5. Monitor progress against goals, anticipate and mitigate risks and ensure seamless delivery through effective mechanisms such as WBR/MBR/QBR
6. Identify and resolve complex issues, and take swift decisions even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
7. Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
8. Guide the change management process to ensure the teams are able to pivot quickly
9. Serve as an escalation point across all the team's charter to resolve critical issues quickly
10. Advocate operational excellence and efficiency; continuously innovate to improve/automate processes, eliminate waste, improve SLAs and reduce backlogs
11. Build partnerships with local business partners across recruitment, human resources and administration to ensure seamless support for the organization
12. Drive key organizational metrics, initiatives & goals across hiring, training, development, employee engagement, rewards/recognition and performance management
- 8-10 years of program, project, and / or product management experience in the E-commerce, Consulting, Product or IT services industry, preferably leading a large team of 200+
- Masters degree from a top/accredited university
- Demonstrated experience in building/leading quality and audit functions at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to define, influence, refine, and implement processes, procedures and policies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom
- Ability to influence with or without formal authority
- Experience working with cross functional teams including technology, science and product teams
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS is a plus
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt/Green belt or Lean Certification