Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:2392 Applications:243 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Senior Program Manager - Relay Operations Center (8-10 yrs)
- Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.- Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com - a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
Relay Operation Center (ROC) is the central command and control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon Supply Chain network supporting multiple geographies like NA, UK, India and EU. It ensures hassle free, timely pick-up and delivery of freight from vendors to Amazon fulfillment centers (FC), from Amazon FCs to carrier hubs and from Amazon Delivery Stations to customers. In case of any exceptions, ROC steps in to resolve the issue and keeps all the stakeholders informed on the proceedings.
In addition to this tactical problem-solving ROC is also charged with understanding trends in network exceptions and automating processes or proposing changes to streamline operations. This involves network monitoring and significant analysis of network data. Overall, ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon transportation and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon ability to serve its customers on time. ROC is at an exciting phase of revolutionizing the supply chain and logistics space and is seeking an experienced Manager to guide this change.
The purview of a Sr. Program Manager at ROC
Sr. Program Manager will lead a team of people and will facilitate smooth operations of the Logistics network through the team. She/he will keep the team motivated to continuously provide timely resolutions to issues and will step in by providing leadership in high urgency situations when needed. Sr. Program Manager will drive the team to identify and implement improvement opportunities either through technology solutions or process streamlining by working with stakeholders to have these changes prioritized and delivered in a timely and controlled manner. She/he will also work with the analytics team to develop metrics and dashboards to measure network health. Finally, the Program Manager will be expected to grow the function to take on more high-value activities without compromising on quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a talented team of Program Managers and Transportation Specialists responsible for managing operations
- Apply proficient professional knowledge of the functional area (operations, transportation, logistics, supply chain) to coordinate program design and launch and scale within schedule constraints
- Communicate with influence with the stakeholders and work with them to identify and deliver high-performance, scalable solutions
- Demonstrate program management skills to credibly scope, lead and deliver complex projects
- Perform detailed analysis of operations and technology by identifying trends and scope the impact and opportunities to scale
- Identify and evaluate potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from senior program managers. Determines appropriate corrective action
- Responsible for providing direction and goals to team members, actively manage individual and team performance, development, and providing ongoing coaching and feedback about job expectations with some guidance from senior managers
- Create and support effective development plans to prepare employees for their next role, including identifying and grooming potential successors
Basic Qualifications :
- Graduate/PostGraduate with 8-10 years in supply chain/ logistics/ operations background.
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively to senior leadership.
- Burning desire to build great experiences for our transportation network.
- Background of managing large size teams.
- Excellent Program Management skills with an ability to meet goals within timelines
- Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope of business requirements manage risks appropriately and effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise.
Further, you must be able to:
- Interact with stakeholders and multiple teams to define and deliver projects.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and meet the business needs.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Experience working and contributing to project playbooks, building schedules, managing issues/risks, establishing communication plans and stakeholder management
- An MBA or Master Degree from a premier school with 4-5 years in an operations role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgement in stressful situations