Amazon - Senior Program Manager - Quality (7-14 yrs)
Sr. Program Manager - Quality
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About Compliance Operations (C- Ops) :
C - Ops is responsible for conducting operational and transactional tasks for the programs within HS3C Organization. C-Ops ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate with aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product while storage and transport and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes. This team also review aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation. We focus on product testing, certification, and regulatory permitting to ensure customer safety and protect Amazon in a constantly changing global environment.
Position Description :
- This is a new role in a newly formed team where innovation, agility and enthusiasm are just the way we roll. We are a team of passionate quality professionals and are looking for like-minded people to join this exciting space with a key focus on making a difference to both people and process.
- As a Program Manager - QA for C- Ops, you will be responsible for identifying, driving and tracking strategic initiatives and measuring results at your site by monitoring quality metrics across multiple functions.
- You'll be responsible for delivering and communicating a strategy to your team that focuses on purpose, shared vision and goals. You'll develop an actionable goal commitment strategy that ensures the goals set for the quality organization at your site are achieved. In this role, you will collaborate with numerous operational, training and Program teams to identify, define and specify solutions that improve the compliance process quality.
- You will be able to understand how to identify the right inputs to achieve meaningful outputs, implement closed loop processes and measures to ensure improvements are realized. You will have proven ability to assess situations and guide teams toward both short-term and longer term systemic changes. In this role you will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
- You will build collaborative relationships with other global quality teams, HS3c Program teams and operations teams, working closely to create and execute a quality project roadmap. You will also prepare and execute regular program updates on the process quality to senior management.
- You will deliver an effective feedback strategy that conveys progress and maintains engagement from our team, our stakeholders and our business partners. You- ll form part of a team that's building a compelling rewards strategy that not only provides positive consequences for achievement, but also drives process improvements for all Compliance Programs
Summary of Responsibilities :
- Drive a Zero Defect culture by managing process adherence
- Conduct 5 Whys Analysis/ Fish Bone Analysis to identify error root causes and trends
- Analyze historical data to build quality improvement initiatives and drive quality strategies across the network.
- Manage defects and ensure implementation of controls to minimize losses.
- Liaise with other C- Ops nodes to calibrate audits, implement best practices and drive performance improvements.
- Monitor and report on Quality metrics and own Quality Team Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Reviews Reports.
- Partner with Operations, HR and Training to ensure Auditors are constantly evolving, learning and improving.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor always portraying the company in a positive light and effectively managing sensitive issues.
- Provide meaningful and valuable write ups and program reports.
- Embrace constant change with flexibility and good grace which demands strong deliverables.
- You will have a strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment
- You will be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to - roll up your sleeves- .