Recruiter at Amazon India
Views:4479 Applications:346 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:319
Amazon - Senior Program Manager - I Have Space - India Transportation Last Mile (5-10 yrs)
Sr. Program Manager - I Have Space (India Transportation Last Mile)
Amazon is looking for a motivated individual for the profile of Program Manager for its India transportation operations team. The role is a part of the Last Mile Delivery operations under the I-Have Space channel
Brief description about the channel:
The I-Have-Space (IHS) program is a variable cost Last Mile delivery channel of Amazon Logistics (AMZL) India, in which Amazon partners with local store owners to deliver Amazon packages to end customers in a vicinity of 2-4 km around the store location. The channel was set up as a pilot in May 2014 with 15 stores and within 2 years scaled to become the largest channel of the business. The IHS channel is a substitute to the conventional channel of last mile delivery employed by all major Logistics companies - run by delivery agents who are either on rolls / contracted by the company.
One of the most notable India-first innovation, the success of the program and model is evident in the fact that two major Amazon competitors and multiple commercial carriers are now setting up similar networks for their own last mile logistics operations. Amazon itself is in the process of expanding the IHS channel to other geographies in which it operates
The program has gone beyond providing a significant cost and competitive advantage for Amazon, and has had a great positive social impact. There was a negative public opinion in India about the entry of large e-commerce players in India and taking small traders/ shops out of business. The IHS program has given Amazon an opportunity to partner with these very stores and provide them an additional source of income and help spread positive word-of-mouth and publicity for Amazon. The program has transformed the lives of thousands of small store owners and improved their living standards.
Media Coverage of the program:
Economic Times - Apr 27 2015
Times of India - Sep 13 2016
What this role is about
With over 20,000 stores across 350 cities and towns, the IHS program is the backbone of the Amazon India Last Mile. This role will work with the field channel team which manages and operates the IHS channel, understand opportunities to use technology to automate processes that improve experience, efficiency and productivity for end customers, store owners and the ground operations teams. The PM will work with multiple teams including Leadership, tech, Finance, HR, to identify solutions, prioritize deployment and then close loop by rolling this out and measuring success of the implementation.
- The successful candidate will be a person who enjoys and excels at dealing with ambiguity and design and define programs with little information.
- He / She will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to create and sustain urgency, and a proven ability to lead large cross-functional projects including communication across all levels and teams in the organization: senior leaders, technical teams, finance, fulfillment, and business leaders.
As a program manager, you will:
- Define, design, launch and manage new transportation related programs in India.
- Gather requirements and conceptualize a transportation solution to solve a business problem.
- Work with key stake holders across various functions to define and launch a program.
- Program-manage technical integration with Amazon systems across retail, merchant, transportation operations and finance technologies and setup end-to-end operational, accounting, and financial, taxation requirements, and performance measurement and customer satisfaction related processes.
- Build a high potential team to drive one of the key strategic programs for AMZL
- Launch and expand the program as per Amazon's requirements while being responsible for all customer and merchant satisfaction, performance, compliance, accounting and financial related metrics.
- This role calls for an individual who can own all aspects of how transportation impacts customer experience, shipper experience and operator experience; manage performance and measure, determine, then drive, any initiatives necessary to improve it.
- It requires an individual to showcase judgment and decision making skills to balance customer experience with financial impact.
- This position offers a broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon.