HR Business Partner at Amazon
Views:2031 Applications:504 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Amazon - Senior Program Manager (8-16 yrs)
Senior Program Manager
At Amazon we are building a world-class last mile delivery network in India, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors (IC) - called delivery partners (DP) - to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, partners act as their own boss. They can build their own schedule and choose from different types of opportunities (scheduled-ahead blocks, instant offers), all while making great earnings. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app, which can be downloaded from web, and that works in concert with our advanced systems, allowing partners to sign in, grab an offer for a time, check out a map of the location, and more. Amazon India is looking for Marketing Head for its fastest growing delivery channel - Amazon Flex. We launched Amazon Flex in 2019, and redefined the way India works through a first of its kind E2E Technology platform in India for a pure gig economy workplace. IN Am-Flex already harbors thousands of DPs across 67 cities for A.in, Prime Now, and Amazon Food, and is set for an exploding growth path in the coming years.
In this role, you will lead the pricing, compliance and fraud management charters for Amazon Flex in India.
As a Sr. Program Manager, you will :
- Own the pricing strategy for Amazon Flex with alignment from Finance, India and global leadership. Design and execute tactical and strategic pricing interventions across Block and Instant Offers, to ensure competitive pricing, including identifying and reacting to external and internal triggers
- Own the overall compliance charter for Flex in India, including central and state level interventions on policy changes for gig-workers. Work with relevant stakeholders like Public Policy, Legal, HR, ER, TRC and PR teams to represent views of the Flex program in the right forums.
- Work closely with global compliance and change management teams to import learnings and represent India in WW forums
- Ensure the Flex brand is accurately represented in internal and externa gig-worker evaluations
- Program manage the rollout of the 'Gig laws' in India. Work with product and operations teams to ensure compliance to all relevant codes
- Work closely with product and operations teams to program manage fraud detection and controllership initiatives
- Earn trust from internal and external partners, manage multiple projects, and balancing contending priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Will rely on influence (over authority) to align multiple WW and IN stake holders, to drive complex, medium to large projects. Build the right scale mechanisms in a highly ambiguous environment, balancing between quality and pace of execution, with right framework to protect large business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an innate understanding of presenting data to different levels of leadership and sections of the organization.
- Strong change management and influence skills; ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- 5+ years of experience in cross-functional Program / Project managerial role handling multiple stakeholder teams.
- Strong understanding, and need to stay connected to developments in the Last Mile Delivery eco-system in India, particularly the gig-worker community across businesses like grocery, food and hyper-local delivery
- Mature, structured thought process, with strong program and stakeholder management skills - role offers broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon
- Strong ownership, and bias for action to understand problems, find new and innovative solutions, and partner with teams to execute and deliver sustained results
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation abilities, and product understanding, to understand core issues, and create a roadmap for sustainable business growth
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write crisp narratives and engage senior IN and WW stakeholders
- Drive for excellence, continuously raising the bar, to make the IN program best across Amazon. Not satisfied with status quo.
- Externally aware, and nimble to quickly learn, understand new processes / changes, assess impacts, and take independent calls
- Strong judgement and decision making skills to balance customer experience with financial impact
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.