Amazon - Senior Program Manager (8-12 yrs)
- The role of Prime Now is to provide ultrafast (2 hour and same day scheduled) and reliable delivery for selection that customers need, or want, fast.
- Customers find their daily grocery essentials, fresh produce, home and Kitchen needs, appliances and more on Prime NOW. The program is highly cross-functional in nature, involves managing strategic partnerships, operations intensive, and requires a number of India-first solutions to be created. Joining the Amazon team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who set a high bar on customer obsession, innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- In this context, Prime NOW India team is looking for a talented, self- driven and experienced Sr. Program Manager to project manage order economics improvement initiatives and own the program governance mechanisms for strategic partner(s) business on Prime NOW.
- It is a pivotal role that will contribute to the evolution and success of one of the fastest growing strategic initiative in the company.
- In this high visibility, high impact role you will partner with business, finance, product and operations teams to identify opportunities, priorities and track short term and long term initiatives to improve income, reduce costs and improve output metrics to deliver on program profitability goals.
- You will set up program governance mechanisms, reporting systems to drive board/national/ regional and store level review cadence with strategic partner(s).
- You are a strong leader who is analytical and data-driven, can prioritize well in ambiguity, and communicate clearly and compellingly till internal and external strategic leadership level.
Some of your focus areas will include :
- Develop deep understanding of retail economic of offline and online retail operations, governing terms of trade with strategic partners and key levers to drive program profitability.
- Co- own key cross functional projects on order economics, profitability.
- Projects will be mix of cost improvements, outputs improvements through selection, promotions, network planning. Requires active engagement with multiple internal stakeholders and partners.
- Participate in project prioritization.
- Set up business governance mechanisms, performance review dash boards with partner and AMZN leadership at store/region/national and board level.
- Planning and conducting a regular cadence of program and key initiative leadership reviews at both strategic and highly tactical grains.
- You will engage actively with senior leadership and in some cases with global teams.
- Developing and refining a framework for the management reporting, track progress of strategic priorities and goals and report out progress against them.
- Drive improvements to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to internal and external partners.
- Own central communication for program updates to internal and external senior leadership
- Coordinate WBR/MBR/QBR mechanisms.
- Ability to lead, coach and support team of Program Managers, BAs, Biz Ops.
BASIC QUALIFICATION :
- 8+ years experience in driving large scale business programs, consulting, process improvement assignments in consulting /E-commerce/ FMCG/ Retail organizations.
- Strong academic track record, MBA.
- Proven track record of managing and executing projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem-solving, and communicating recommendations
- Able to think and act farsightedly, but also drive tactics and execution; willing to rolling up sleeves and get the job done.
- Excellent analytical skills to dive deep into data and drive insights and develop detailed action plans and tracking mechanism
- Collaborative and flexible with good organizational skills in managing competing priorities, time management and meeting tight deadlines at times.
- Proven presentation skills, excellent narrative writing and verbal communication skills with senior leadership.
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools.
- Proficiency in Excel/MS office tools.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.