Amazon - Senior Product Manager - Business Group - IIM/XLRI/FMS/MDI (6-11 yrs)
Senior Product Management
There are 46M small and medium business enterprises in the country representing hundreds of billions of dollars in yearly purchases. Many of these businesses struggle to get relevant selection, competitive pricing, and trusted and convenient buying options.
AmazonBusiness.in is an offering from Amazon to delight the business customers who have not been served well by the existing solutions with the aim to provide them the largest selection, competitive pricing and trusted and convenient buying experience. If you like to swim in unchartered territories then this is your opportunity to solve problems that no one has attempted to solve before. We work like a well-funded, high octane startup driven by the passion to bring the Amazon experience to our business customers.
- This role is responsible for setting the product strategy for our new business initiatives and partnering with operations, technology teams, and platform product development teams to implement these recommendations. As a senior product manager, you will be working with a team to develop long-term strategies to offer customer-centric features and programs, and ensure quality delivery experience and overall service levels offered to the customer.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about managing challenging, lengthy projects across multiple teams and locations. He or she will be comfortable marshaling large amounts of data to make decisions and build business cases. We are looking for a Product Manager who shares Amazon's passion for the customer- someone who understands the importance of compelling features and functionalities in driving great experience. In addition, the candidate will also be a strong leader of his team and able to hire and bringing out the best from his team.
Focus and deliverables
- Identify and prioritize the most immediate improvement opportunities across customer experience.
- Benchmark competitive experiences across the customer value chain, and define and implement a roadmap of improvements that ensure Amazon leadership for each of these.
- Create and implement a roadmap that ensures leadership in customer experience in each business category.
- Continuous enhancements to ordering/planning/fulfillment systems to ensure that core customer facing Cx metrics (promise, speed, returns) are not compromised even as order sizes increase, across customer types and payment methods (Credit/Prepaid). The PM will also need to build the experience for regionalized Consumables business (multiple cities) and manage delivery performance with 100+ service partners and several 3rd party entities
Ideal candidate profile
- The Senior Product Manager is a passionate customer advocate within Amazon and has a deep understanding of the importance of the customer experience for our site. To that end, he or she must be able to develop a clear strategy and business rationale for enhancement to and expansion of different features and functionalities. He or she will work with many different parts of the Amazon organization, and as such, will need to be an effective influencer as well as a passionate leader.
- An ideal candidate profile may include similar experiences in a leading on or off-line retailer, or consumer product organization. This leader will be known for thinking very big and be simultaneously able to dive deep into details. The candidate may have experience working in a multinational corporation and proven success at leveraging central resource groups on behalf of the business. This person will have a track record as an inspirational people leader.
Must-have experience/criteria for role:
- Proven track record of customer obsession.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
- People management experience
The position will be based in Amazon's office in Bangalore.
- 6+ years of e-commerce, marketing, product/program management, or related experience.
- MBA from leading B-School.
Professional traits those are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Ability to operates and communicate at all business levels.
- Expects, requires and demonstrates continuous innovation.
- Results orientation.
- Ability to think big and to inspire passion in others