Talent Advisor at Amazon
Views:3698 Applications:345 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:212
Amazon - Senior Product Manager - Amazon Pay (5-8 yrs)
Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of the consumer and has become the largest internet retailer and marketplace in the world with over $100 billion in revenue globally. Through our entrepreneurial and innovative culture, Amazon has also developed new technologies and products (like our Kindle e-readers and tablets) and, enterprise services (like Amazon Web Services). Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the customer and focused on building the largest and most innovative Digital payments business in the world, and we are recruiting to make this vision a reality within the Amazon Payments Organization in India, to make the customer's payment experience delightful.
Sr Product Manager, Abuse Prevention is expected to demonstrate a combination of the following :
- S/he should work effectively with customers, stakeholders, and engineering teams to deliver large or significant features successfully. Your efforts result in measureable improvements to your customer's experience.
- S/he should own defining the strategic vision for major features or a product, establishing a roadmap, and have a track record of successfully driving teams to deliver on that vision. S/he makes crisp decisions about what projects move forward and in what priority order. S/he successfully manages all stages of the lifecycle (from concept to delivery).
- S/he is able to influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions. S/he successfully makes a case for resource allocation to achieve a desired customer or business outcome.
- S/he is able to communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all types of audiences. S/he is able to write narratives, PR/FAQs, and other strategic documentation.
- S/he fosters a constructive dialogue, harmonizes discordant views, and leads the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus)
- S/he partners successfully with technical and non-technical customers, stakeholders, compliance, and engineering teams.
- Her/his product management practices set a great example to others. S/he routinely and efficiently deliver the right things. S/he is a simplifier. S/he judiciously adds, refines, and removes features. S/he proactively identifies risks and brings them to the attention of the team and stakeholders with plans for mitigation before they become roadblocks.
- S/he actively participates in the hiring process and mentors others.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Proven experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Experience creating and delivering on a product roadmap
- Prioritizing engineering work while balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders
- Proven track record driving innovation on behalf of customers
- Working with key stakeholders in the company to identify and drive product solutions to support sales, operations, and customer support
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience in the payments industry
- Past experience in building Machine Learning Solutions
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Experience launching products and services by working with engineering teams from waterfall to agile methodologies
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- Engineering degree or Masters of Business Administration
- Experience working on an e-commerce team at online retailer