Senior Marketing Manager at Amazon
Views:3290 Applications:294 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:89
Amazon - Senior Product Manager (8-15 yrs)
Our team owns the tools that manage forecasting, buying and inventory health for Amazon India retail partners. Our vision is to create the best automated inventory management system, that makes most optimal inventory decisions without any manual interventions. The problems that we solve have a huge topline and bottom-line business impact on billions of dollars- worth of yearly buying. At the same time, these problems are super-complex and super-interesting data science and machine learning problems - imagine predicting 52-weeks sales of millions of products, deciding how much to buy, whom to buy from, and once bought what to do with it - all of this while considering hundreds of factors.
Our team is hiring for a product leader role who will own the inventory health management vertical. The leader will help us build a system, which maximizes long-term free cash flow and net present value of on-hand inventory through accurate assessment of unhealthy inventory and efficient execution of its disposition. We want to build fully automated systems, based on real-time signals, leveraging all possible inventory disposition actions (return, liquidation, markdown, promotion, Ads, etc.) and channels (marketplaces, offers, formats, programs, etc.). The leader will be responsible for defining and driving the vision of inventory health management for Amazon India.
This leader will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing opportunities to achieve our mission through new technical products/features that span multiple teams/functions and have direct impact on the the retail partners- bottom line. This responsibility includes defining business and success metrics for projects, system performance, and driving analytical deep dives to inform the team's business decisions. The leader will also be responsible for designing and delivering algorithmic improvements of the complex model.
This role will need to work across the globe with the global Seattle-based amazon teams and the India tech teams to drive these projects. The role would also require regular communication with senior management with Amazon India Retail Partners organizations, and Amazon India Supply Chain regarding day-to-day operations and progress of projects, representing the team in weekly/monthly/quarterly business.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The Senior Product Manager will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's/PG degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Technology
- 8+ years in Product management or Consulting or Inventory Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
- Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Ability to navigate through a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
- Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get stuff done and deliver results no matter the obstacles.
- Some travel required within and outside India
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Experience in supply chain, operations, Retail Operations or logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills