Recruiter at Amazon
Views:1741 Applications:474 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:465
Amazon - Senior Product Manager (8-12 yrs)
Senior Product Manager
Opportunity : The IN B2B market is made of 58MM Micro & Small Customers and 0.5MM Medium & Large customers together spending $400B annually. That is the market segment that the Amazon Business team is creating solutions for.
Problem : Over the past many years, individual shoppers in India have come to appreciate the convenience, infinite selection and competitive pricing that Amazon offers.
- While Indian businesses want many of the same benefits listed above, e-commerce is still not a preferred/ reliable purchase option for them.
- That is because the needs of the Indian businesses are different from that of individual shoppers and the current state of consumer-oriented B2C platforms does not fully address the requirements of a business purchase.
- That is the problem that the PM team at Amazon Business intends to solve. We intend to make buying online as simple, reliable and cost-effective for businesses as it is for individuals.
- This means that the PMs in Amazon Business India have to re-look at every aspect of the customer's journey - browsing, selection, price display, checkout, payment, delivery and returns experience and enhance them to fir the needs of the business customer.
- In addition, the team has to build new products - approval workflows, GST compliance, multi-user accounts, spend analytics reports etc to address unique requirements of Indian business customers. We have the same complex problems, ambiguity, fast pace you see in a startup - but contained within the larger Amazon organization.
The Role :
- This role will launch products in the areas of DEX, CX and loyalty by partnering with tech teams,global/IN product development teams, operations, legal, accounting, tax, teams. The roadmap will be a mix of IN first products and of IN adaptations of global product features.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about managing challenging, lengthy projects across multiple teams and locations. He or she will be comfortable marshaling large amounts of data to make decisions and build business cases.
- The right candidate will share Amazon's passion for the customer- someone who understands the importance of compelling features and functionalities in driving great customer experience.
Basic Qualifications :
- Proven track record of customer obsession.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA from leading B-School.
- Traits expected of all Amazonians:
- Ability to operate and communicate at all business levels.
- Expects, requires and demonstrates continuous innovation.
- Results orientation.
- Ability to think big and to inspire passion in others