Amazon - Senior Product Manager (6-15 yrs)
The Amazon.in Supply Chain team is driving several innovations in our supply chain right from our fulfillment centers to our transportation network, to bring the world's most customer centric experience to India. We- re looking for a product leader to define, design and develop solutions for establishing and optimizing inventory control and supply chain processes for the IN marketplace, thereby improving the fulfillment center operations and delivery experience of our end customers.
- As a Senior Product Manager in the IN Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for the defining and delivering on the product roadmap, product testing, monitoring customer adoption and feedback, defining and analyzing performance metrics, and achieving cross-functional alignment with other Amazon groups.
- This is a leadership position that requires a high bias for action and a willingness to dive deep. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you. This role is based out of Bangalore.
- Work with multiple operations and internal software development teams to design, build, and maintain processes and features to help drive supply chain expansion in India.
- Define, own and manage the supply chain feature roadmap with the software development teams using Agile Software Development to deliver customer valued features
- Clarify and drive short-term project priorities and commitments, as well as establish and maintain clear chains of project management and accountability
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Technical Program Managers and multiple Development Teams to define and deliver complex features.
- Collaborate with Global Technology and Product teams to understand global processes and refine them to suit the Indian business context and requirements
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
A successful candidate will demonstrate
- Strong program and product management skills - Ability to work with multiple operations and internal software development teams to design, build, and maintain processes and features to help drive supply chain expansion in India
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to identify opportunities and translate them into clear solutions and business requirements.
- Ability to deliver on multiple deadlines and prioritize compulsively as a self-directed individual, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the initiatives you- re owning/collaborating on
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Demonstrated experience using data and KPI metrics to monitor and measure performance, measure effectiveness and plan ongoing improvements
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with development teams to take an idea to fruition
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both verbal and written) with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to quickly learn Amazon tools and processes
- MBA and work experience in technical field is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience leading large cross functional initiatives - working directly with technology and software engineering teams will be preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.