Senior Marketing Manager at Amazon
Views:9297 Applications:521 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Amazon - Senior Product Manager (6-15 yrs)
Note : Candidates with Vendor/Category Management (in e-commerce), Product Management or Consulting background will be preferred for this role.
Retail is essentially 'buying' and 'selling'. Our team owns the buying strategy and product management for Amazon India Retail partners. The problems that we solve have a huge topline and bottom-line business impact on billions of dollars- worth of yearly buying. The problems require a mix of business sense and data science/analytics acumen - imagine predicting 52-weeks sales of millions of products, deciding how much to buy, at what cost to buy etc and doing so considering hundreds of factors.
Our mission is to reduce cost for our customers, and in this pursuit, we are looking for a Product Leader who will own the 'Intelligent Sourcing' product area. As the terminology suggests, intelligent sourcing aims to make sourcing or buying in amazon more intelligent than it currently is. The questions that this person will grapple with:
Can we integrate negotiations with buying, after all, isn't that's the offline practice? Why should negotiation be a one time activity, and why should it require humans?
What does it take to buy directly from factories efficiently to reduce cost of buying - whether they are in India or abroad? Imagine connecting millions of factories to consumers.
Can I predict the time required for buying, and start selling NOW without having products in-stock?
- This leader is responsible for identifying and prioritizing opportunities arising from such fundamental questions. He will help contribute to our mission through new technical products that span multiple teams and have direct impact on the the retail partners- bottom line. This responsibility includes defining business and success metrics for projects, system performance, and driving analytical deep dives to inform the team's business decisions.
- This role will need to work across the globe with the global SCOT (Supply Chain Optimization Technology) organization based out of Seattle and the India Retail Experience (RX) tech team based out of Bangalore and Seattle to drive these projects. The role would also require regular communication with senior management with India Retail Partners organizations regarding day-to-day operations and progress of projects, representing the team in weekly/monthly/quarterly business.
- A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The Senior Product Manager will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Technology
- 6+ years in Vendor Category Management (in e-commerce), Product management or Consulting background
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
- Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Ability to navigate through a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
- Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get stuff done and deliver results no matter the obstacles.
- Some travel required within and outside India
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Experience in supply chain, operations, Retail Operations or logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills