Amazon - Senior Planning & Forecasting Manager - Amazon Fashion - IIM/FMS/MDI/XLRI (5-13 yrs)
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want low prices, vast selection, and convenience Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
We are looking for a smart, customer-focused, driven, and analytical leader to join the Watches, Luggage and Jewelry category team. The Sr. Planning & Forecasting Manager will demonstrate ownership of inventory strategies and supply chain efficiencies to maximize sales, margin and turns and play a critical role helping Amazon to build, manage and optimize a complex procurement system that continues to evolve and expand. He or she will produce and analyze weekly metrics and be involved with all aspects of inventory planning and operational costs. The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must have proven successes in cost out operational initiatives and demonstrate a passion for the customer experience. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
Key areas of focus include driving improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency, improving purchasing automation, and reducing input costs. The Sr. Planning & Forecasting Manager will also be responsible for improvements to inventory management processes over time, including identifying defects, reducing waste, and improving supply chain effectiveness.
Strong candidates will have hands-on operations or inventory management experience and knowledge in fundamental business principles. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to succeed in managing a large catalog selection efficiently, identifying problems/finding solutions, and building/improving processes. The ideal candidate is able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in an ambiguous environment while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
The position is based at Amazon's India office located in Bangalore and reports into the category leadership team.
- Act as the business owner, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the category.
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Define strategic projects for the category and get buy-in from with key partners.
- Move fast, innovate, and find ways to simplify. Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- MBA from a premier Indian or international business school.
- 5+ years of inventory planning, operations, retail, consulting and/or finance, with a history of owning/driving results
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
- Self-starter with a passion for independent, creative problem-solving, strong ownership, high commitment and strong business judgment.
- Enjoy working in a startup environment, with proven ability to innovate, prioritize and work customer backwards.
- Analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.