HR Business Partner at Amazon
Views:4432 Applications:873 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Amazon - Senior Operations Manager - Transportation Team (9-19 yrs)
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
We are seeking a Site Leader for our Transportation team.
In this role, you will be responsible for running a sortation center in the region.
We have provided the expectations from an ideal candidate in the job description below. However, at Amazon, we look for people who can join our organization, learn and grow with us. You need not meet every single expectation listed below on your Day 1. If the role mentioned below interests you, is aligned with the career path you would want to follow and you exhibit the Amazon leadership principle of 'Learn and be curious', we would like to talk to you.
- Well-rounded leadership capabilities and people management skills.
- Ability to adapt to evolving situations
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate and explain to individuals & the team, what needs to be done to achieve objectives. Listening skills: Gains input and commitment from all involved in delivering their specific part.
- Ability to set and achieve timelines for tasks: Set realistic and stretching performance expectations for self and others. Regularly reviews progress and acts to ensure optimal results for the business.
- Orientation for great customer service: Engage the Team in developing their understanding of Customer Experience and knowledge of what Customers actually needs/expects.
- High Ownership: Follows through to ensure the delivery of changes/solutions/services that fulfill the Customer's needs.
- Analytical Skills: Effectively analyses and interpret information, identifying & validating the key facts, including reviewing alternatives to determine advantages and associated risks.
Key job responsibilities :
- Defining, building and responsible for the execution of transportation processes, right from Fulfillment centers to sortation hubs and further to the last mile Delivery center network.
- Responsible for Hiring, training and building up a highly motivated workforce for sort hubs with support from HR and training team, to meet the operational requirements for the city , continuously meeting the Amazon bar on quality and productivity.
- Ensure enough bandwidth in these sites for peak time volume management.
- Coordinate with Finance, Delivery Stations, FC and Projects team to matters related to city operations.
- Conduct the performance appraisals of team members and mentor them for handling efficient operations.
- Continuously improve the defined processes and attain a sustained performance standard. Initiates improvements to enhance quality standards, reduce waste, and eliminate unnecessary work.
- Analysis of the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance.
A day in the life :
- Drive key initiatives across the region related to safety, engagement, network speed, cost optimization etc.
- Lead daily stand ups, WBRs, MBRs and peak preparedness calls.
- Analyze data to identify performance bottlenecks. Implement process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizen and Continuous Improvement.
- Review and finalize the labor plan for the site to optimize cost while ensuring high bar on performance standards and associate experience.
- Coach and provide guidance to the Ops managers to challenge the status quo and drive the culture of continuous improvement to reduce waste in conjunction with central ACES team. Additionally, liaise with other Site Leads/Regional leaders, central teams to benchmark best practices that can be deployed on the floor.
- People management experience. Experience in handling big teams
- Experience in handling live operations (wherein real-time decision-making capability & bias for action matters)
- Experience in process improvement is preferred with additional benefits for knowledge of specific methodologies such has Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.
- Experience in logistics industry is desirable.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.